Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
You are right, the paint sux!!!!

About the floor mats. . . My car was one that was not covered by the recall. However, my floormat constantly slid off the little post. Soooo, once I heard about the recall, I got in to my dealership, and demanded a new floor mat. They of course were hesitant, but I would not leave w/out a new one. They finally agreed, and when I pulled my floormat out, I discovered that the top had been cut off.

I would not have accepted that if I had known about it when I took posession of the car.

If your floor mat is sliding off of the post, take it in and demand a new one. The specV was my 2nd car from the same dealership, and I made sure that they knew that they'd never see me or my money again if I wasn't satisfied.

The new floor mat has not moved an inch since I got it!

Sorry for the length.

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
I wouldn't consider a car that has a rev limiter at 6200 rpms to be hi revving.

I thought about doing something like that to hold my mat in place, but I figured that I shouldn't have to. If you are satisfied w/that solution, that is great. I just want the correct equipment, and that equipment to work proberly.

I'd still try to get a new mat if I where you though.

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
If your car is in the recall, you will get a brand new floor mat. I got one, and it is very nice! It does not slip or anything. No interference, no worries!

It should only take 10-15 minutes of your time if you are included in the recall. I was not, but had the symptoms of it. So I bitched about it.

I have had several problems w/the service dept, and am considering taking my service needs elsewhere, but that is another story

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
Blackout, I got a new drivers side, because the old one kept slipping. I then found that the top had been cut. I didn't think that was a very appropriate fix, as it didn't fix anything, so I fought to get a new replacement. It took several hours of my time, and 3 trips to the dealer, but I got it. My mat hasn't budged since I got the replacement. The origional slipped constantly. As soon as I got in the car, it was out of place.

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
that is correct, the replacement is not cut. It is the same size as the old one that has been cut, but the boarder continues across the top, and looks very nice! not cheap like the cut ones.

I think that is a really cheap and wrong way to take care of a problem. If they had to cut something to fix it, they should have replaced it to begin with!

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
other than the obvious cutting of the mat, the 2 mats are identical. Maybe the spikes on the bottom are different, but they look the same from the top. I do not know why the first ones slipped, but they did. I also don't know why the new ones don't slip, but they don't.

· I am Popo Bawa
223 Posts
bbpf,

Don't let that keep you from getting a new mat. Just because the dealer says that you are not effected doens't mean that you are not. You may have better luck at the dealership you purchased your car from. Hang that "you'll never see my money again" over their heads and they will sing a different song. I had to get the salesman involved before the service dept got off their ass's and helped me.

Anytime you have a service record printed out, Nissan sends you a survey. Make an appointment to have your floormat checked out by the service dept. They get paid in a couple of ways, one of which is the survice survey they send out. I let 'em have it on the one when I got my floormat. If they get bad marks on the survey, they don't get paid.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.