Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres what happened and why I'm stumped. I was driving along in my truck and lose all clutch pedal, OK fine I get her home by high rpm shifting. she did fine, apon inspection of everything from lines to slave cylinder to clutch master cylinder the slave cylinder was rotten and leaking. So I replaced the slave cylinder and two lines from the master clutch cylinder to the four way and from the four way to slave cylinder and bleed and flushed the entire system. So it was shifting wonderfully. A little later that day I was heading to town and came to a stop sign and lost all peddle again. So again I tried power shifting and almost got it home. Then it got stuck and wouldnt move the reacker had to drag it up on his truck to get it home to me and now I dont know witch way to start to fix so if some one can please direct me in to the right direction I'd greatly appreciate the insight. Thanks Topher

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I dont have the service manual it's a hand me down truck and I thought of that and bleed every bleeder valve on the vihicha and I still have no pedal and can only shift from 1st to 2nd when its turned off if it's on I cant shift at all

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,257 Posts
Heres what happened and why I'm stumped. I was driving along in my truck and lose all clutch pedal, OK fine I get her home by high rpm shifting. she did fine, apon inspection of everything from lines to slave cylinder to clutch master cylinder the slave cylinder was rotten and leaking. So I replaced the slave cylinder and two lines from the master clutch cylinder to the four way and from the four way to slave cylinder and bleed and flushed the entire system. So it was shifting wonderfully. A little later that day I was heading to town and came to a stop sign and lost all peddle again. So again I tried power shifting and almost got it home. Then it got stuck and wouldnt move the reacker had to drag it up on his truck to get it home to me and now I dont know witch way to start to fix so if some one can please direct me in to the right direction I'd greatly appreciate the insight. Thanks Topher
Your description is very confusing; to start off with, you didn't specify the year, model (2WD or 4WD); it looks like you're confusing the clutch system with the brake system. The clutch hydraulic system has only one line running from the clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder. The brake system master cylinder can have 2 lines or 3 lines depending if it's 2WD or 4WD.

Being unable to shift gears with the clutch pedal fully depresed, while the engine is running, indicates that there may be air in the system; if so, you'll need to bleed the system. It's also possible that the clutch master cylinder or the slave cylinder is defective.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
NICO Club's site has online factory service manuals that you can access for free, if you need one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts