Nissan Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get my front passenger side strut replaced but trophy wants 120 per strut and i know its better to replace them in pairs but i cant afford that right now and i want to drive my spec and not the sentra is it really that bad if i just replaced that one strut? I'm also looking for the cheepest method of doing it... i looked at doing it myself but then i changed my mind. i just dont wanna spend 240 bucks for struts plus like 200 for labor if it might be fine just to get 1 strut and its fixed. Anyone know of any hookups for struts so i can drive my spec again?

·
Registered
60 Posts
bkeasley said:
I need to get my front passenger side strut replaced but trophy wants 120 per strut and i know its better to replace them in pairs but i cant afford that right now and i want to drive my spec and not the sentra is it really that bad if i just replaced that one strut? I'm also looking for the cheepest method of doing it... i looked at doing it myself but then i changed my mind. i just dont wanna spend 240 bucks for struts plus like 200 for labor if it might be fine just to get 1 strut and its fixed. Anyone know of any hookups for struts so i can drive my spec again?
$50 ill do it :cool:

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
you could probably get performance struts for that

whenever things break i see it as an opprotunity to upgrade

·
even better the 2nd time
2,719 Posts
my bad nevermind ( i was thinking it was just a Sentra)
i wouldnt really mess with Spec suspension

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why don't you just buy the strut online? Looks like it goes for around ~$90. You can then rent the neccessary equipment at Auto Zone (for free) to install it yourself. Normally, all you would need is a spring compressor since I'm assuming you at least have jack stands and a socket wrench. Air tools are great in suspension jobs but by no means needed. This way you are only out the cost of the strut, which is less than the dealership, and will have the satisfaction of fixing your own car. Since you'll probably be doing this for the first time, I would guess that it should take you anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete the job. It will help to have a Hayes or Chilton manual at your side for reference. Good luck to you. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
meanbean said:
Why don't you just buy the strut online? Looks like it goes for around ~$90. You can then rent the neccessary equipment at Auto Zone (for free) to install it yourself. Normally, all you would need is a spring compressor since I'm assuming you at least have jack stands and a socket wrench. Air tools are great in suspension jobs but by no means needed. This way you are only out the cost of the strut, which is less than the dealership, and will have the satisfaction of fixing your own car. Since you'll probably be doing this for the first time, I would guess that it should take you anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete the job. It will help to have a Hayes or Chilton manual at your side for reference. Good luck to you. :)
or also have the disatisfaction of f'ing up your car ahahaha whats a website that has a strut for it? i've looked around at hpautoworks and a few other sites and all i see are performance struts.. i just want the cheap replacement one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are there any difference between right ones? all i see is right 89 bucks 2.5 se-r w/spec v. if it really is 89 bucks i wanna order one tomorrow just need the passenger front one and i'm set dont wanna get the wrong one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts