Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading this. My 2014 Nissan Sentra has about 67k miles and a chain was asking me to replace my Struts and Shocks for about $1200. Should I get them replaced.

Thanks

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,033 Posts
What chain? I would think they are still ok but if you did want to renew your ride a quick check at RockAuto shows very good quality KYB complete struts for 124 each front side and the rear shocks 60 each. 2 or 3 hours labor maximum and considering the struts are preassembled -- I would say closer to 2 hours total. I would think it could be done for roughly half what you were quoted.
The part prices I was looking at are in Cdn $, take a further 30% off for US $s

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What chain? I would think they are still ok but if you did want to renew your ride a quick check at RockAuto shows very good quality KYB complete struts for 124 each front side and the rear shocks 60 each. 2 or 3 hours labor maximum and considering the struts are preassembled -- I would say closer to 2 hours total. I would think it could be done for roughly half what you were quoted.
The part prices I was looking at are in Cdn $, take a further 30% off for US $s
Firestone

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,266 Posts
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading this. My 2014 Nissan Sentra has about 67k miles and a chain was asking me to replace my Struts and Shocks for about $1200. Should I get them replaced.

Thanks
What reason did the shop give you for the need of replacing the struts and shocks. Is the car showing handling problems. Is the tire wear abnormal. Any unusual noises?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts