Nissan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Slurppie said:
Granted that our cars are built pretty stiff as it its, but do think adding a FSTB or a RSTB would be of any benifit? And have any companies made one for our cars yet?
We put one on my son`s Acura Integra and it made a lot of difference in rigidity. The bar is adjustable and the bolting pattern looks similiar to the Altima`s. It probably isn`t though.

It would be beneficial IMHO, if we continue to bolt on more hp;)

·
Registered
641 Posts
Slurppie said:
I'm also wondering about clearance. I could see one coming out for the QR25 guys but real estate is hard to find with the VQ35.
Excellent point. I would run a coat hanger across with some white out on it and then close the hood. That would give you some idea of what we are up against.:cool:

·
Friends of ours...
1,346 Posts
If your car is lowered, the suspension geometry is changed enough to place added pressure on the towers. I think it could be a benificial addition.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
Slurppie said:
And have any companies made one for our cars yet?
I've beean asking around about these to no avail. I want one. If you find them let me know.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Slurppie said:
time for everyone to start sending emails. If you come across a company, send them an email and report back who you contacted.
No report back if someone actually replies to your email.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I looked at the car again closely and I believe that it would not benefit from either a front or rear STB. The rear strut tower is just a shock mount, and the fronts are already tied in with the unibody only a few inches back from the strut towers.

·
Friends of ours...
1,346 Posts
Altimat said:
I looked at the car again closely and I believe that it would not benefit from either a front or rear STB. The rear strut tower is just a shock mount, and the fronts are already tied in with the unibody only a few inches back from the strut towers.
Hey were you in my garage this morning? I did the same thing. Same conclusion...

·
Registered
641 Posts
Altimat said:
I was looking at the front bar on the 350Z this am. It is low riding and doesn`t interfer with the hood. Then again, maybe nothing more is needed on our Rides.:cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Is there a difference between space on 2.5 and 3.5?

Looking at my 2.5 its a tight fit, but its do-able.

·
I HEART GOAT JUICE
330 Posts
Ratwayne said:
Yeh, know what ya mean, I had a girl friend like that once.;)
Hey! this isn't Beat That Caption. That's in OT :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts