Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A severe sqeauking and creaking sound comes from my left front. My mechanic (dealer) told me my strut mounts need to be replaced and a wheel alignment needs to be done. It is going to cost around $750. Is this correct? The mounts are $70 on the web.

thanks in advance...

· Registered
2,490 Posts
The squeaking may be due to a faulty upper spring rubber seat or the strut mounting insulator. You can replace these yourself. It's not difficult if you have jack stands, a decent metric tool set, and a torque wrench. Or, you can buy all the tools you need, and save over $500 by doing it yourself.

The strut mount has a replacable bearing in it. You can get just the mount for $30.57 and the bearing for $18.10 here.

Lew

· Boxed Fox
1,322 Posts
Zaistlin said:
A severe sqeauking and creaking sound comes from my left front. My mechanic (dealer) told me my strut mounts need to be replaced and a wheel alignment needs to be done. It is going to cost around $750. Is this correct? The mounts are $70 on the web.

thanks in advance...
If you can't do it yourself the next least expensive method is to take it to any reliable service shop which does struts. A Pep Boys in this area would charge you ~$250 to replace both front strut mounts and do a front end alignment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.