Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The first one is $12 and the second one is $45...they look the same to me. I got mine, which is an APC for like $30 from Jegs and it works fine for me.

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
i got my rear strut bar for $37 from autodynamic. Its a really good bar that helps my car in the turns. Now i can take this curve by my house at 60 mph. Not that i would want to do that all the time, its just nice to know that i can.

·
Paging Mr. Herman
1,042 Posts
Strut bars will definitely increase handling but they are much more effective when paired up w/ better suspension. However; they are an easy $50-100 upgrade that will increase performance. I don't know much about the strut bars on eBay but I bought a #1 bar off of Nopi for about $90. Not cheap but it is beefy as hell. Unless you are planning on doing some serious racing I'm sure a cheaper strut bar will work fine, hell, it is only a metal rod!

·
Registered
260 Posts
I agree

zeno said:
Strut bars will definitely increase handling but they are much more effective when paired up w/ better suspension. However; they are an easy $50-100 upgrade that will increase performance. I don't know much about the strut bars on eBay but I bought a #1 bar off of Nopi for about $90. Not cheap but it is beefy as hell. Unless you are planning on doing some serious racing I'm sure a cheaper strut bar will work fine, hell, it is only a metal rod!
Normally strut bars won't come to work till you hit about over 90 or 100 mph. During turns, without lowering your car, I don't think you will notice much of differences. If you want better handling, getting stiffer suspension is the best way.

If you are not deciding on lowering your car, set some negative degree on your front tires, get stiffer sway bars, better tires like Azenis.

just my 2 cents

Lucino

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i gettin my front and rear ones for 30 bux for both

·
Registered
553 Posts
A friend of mine has EBAY cheapy's on his 240 and they seem to work fine. I plan on putting them on my 200 whenever I get the money. Every little bit helps. I do believe that you get what you pay for though... Just a thought...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a cheap one from the shop near my house and it works just fine. The rear I made myself. Other than looks I believe it works better because it was lighter. Not as pretty though. No one sees the back anyway.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They actually help out quite a bit. It ties the chassis together thus making your car stay a litle more flat around turns.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey talking bout strut bars, does anyone have the Stillen Strut bar?, or the sway bar? or what about the entire Stillen suspension setup? It's really expensive and I was wonderin whats the performance value on Stillen when it comes to keeping the b14 solid taking those corners?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey talking bout strut bars, does anyone have the Stillen Strut bar?, or the sway bar? or what about the entire Stillen suspension setup? It's really expensive and I was wonderin whats the performance value on Stillen when it comes to keeping the b14 solid taking those corners?
I have the stillen g-load brace on order, was supposed to be here Monday (they're usually pretty prompt, not sure what the deal is this time), maybe I'll get lucky and get it today. After I install it (I also have a #1 front tower brace) I'll post here and let you know how it feels tomorrow, if it's not raining this afternoon that is, I don't have a garage to work in :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Zimmy, I have those exact bars on my car. They work just fine. I know a guy who has the more expensive courtsey ones and I swear on my keyboard they are the same thing. I did finaly scratch up my rear bar though, I dont think they are made out of the highest quality material. Screw it who cares as long as it works just fine. And for ref, I had a spare motor floating around in my trunk for like a week that scratched it up.

-sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts