Nissan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
after searching in germany like mad this is my last hope to get one.
there never were any around here. the only producer i heard of is a factory called "cusco" somewhere in asia (...).

same situation in the us...?
any help is welcome...

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Any front or rear strut tower brace designed to fit the B13 (91-94 US) chassis should work.

Fronts can be found easily on Ebay and are pretty inexpensive. Got mine there a year ago and has held up fine.

A rear can be found from Active Tuning HERE

Good Luck. :cheers:

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Not sure about the E series, but on the GA it fits without any modification (barely) . In process of building my new intake setup now, hopefully will have something cool to show soon ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
If all of the sentras and pulsars have the exact same suspention setup so one would asume that the clearances should be pretty close, if not exact.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
astreamk1 said:
I am not. If you'd like me to, i can give you some measurement across my car from strut tower to strut tower. Do you have an underhood shot of your car ?
would be great. i'll do a shot over the weekend and post it on monday.
will make some measurements too.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
yes it fit the coupe ... coupe and sedan have the same suspension setup... i got it just like Popkorn pics on my coupe.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sounds good. i tried to post a picture, don't know why it doesn't work.
anyway, the distance is about 102 cm, whatever that may be in inches...

@ mart:
where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey astreamk1, on your car domain you say you have a pacesetter short shifter, how well dose it work.

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
tom said:
sounds good. i tried to post a picture, don't know why it doesn't work.
anyway, the distance is about 102 cm, whatever that may be in inches...

@ mart:
where did you get yours from?
Tom I took a measurement across the struts and I got like 102 cm from center to center of the strut tops.

Sixways, yes I have the Pacesetter shifter in my car. I have my throw adjusted down to like 2 1/2 inches or less between gears and it's great. It is a nice piece and makes the car a lot of fun to drive. I'd recommend getting one while they are still availible. :thumbup:

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
That one looks slightly different, but it should work. Those bars generally have adjustable end links so you can make it fit exactly.

The only modification I had to do was to trim the drivers side mounting bracket a bit so it would sit flat on the strut tower. The mounting point for the hood prop was in the way a little and it was easier to trim the bracket than to cut the car all up. :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Crazy-Mart said:
yes it fit the coupe ... coupe and sedan have the same suspension setup... i got it just like Popkorn pics on my coupe.
That setup belongs to MinuteRice. Have not seen him around for a while. He had to mod his air cleaner to make it fit an E series motor. You too?

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
I forgot to mention that I started my intake finally this week and now my strut bar is in the way as it kinda crosses right over the edge of the TBI opening. I am going to just move the bar to the front of the brackets, get longer bolts, and I made steel spacers to take up the slack where the bar was. Should still do the job and give me enough clearance for my new intake piping. :thumbup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
astreamk1 said:
steel spacers to take up the slack where the bar was. Should give me enough clearance. :thumbup:
That's it! How thick of steel spacer you lookin at? How thick would it need to be to clear the E16 filter housing?

·
B12 Enthusiast
844 Posts
Well, I have the GA16i, so not sure how the E16 compares ? Minute Rice mounted his bar towards the rear of the engine bay, I mounted mine towards the front and it just cleared the stock airbox (barely) . I just moved the bar to the outside if the brackets (towards front of car) and put 2 steel spacers in between the brackets for support, and used longer bolts. My new intake is 3 inch pipe, and would have cause me grief. As soon as I pick up some longer bolts, i'll get a picture posted to clarify how I spaced it. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts