Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I own an '03 Pathfinder LE and hadn't driven in for 10 days. I attempt to start it this morning and get a very strong crank but it just won't turn over.:mad: I hear the 'hum' of the fuel pump, so I assume that it's fine. Could it be a clogged fuel filter since it's been sitting for over a week? What else could it be?

Thanks in advance for any and all responses!!!

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Three things are needed to run an engine

Compression, Fuel, and Spark. Go from there
Checked compression, good; checked spark, good; tried a jump; nada... So it has something to do with the fuel system. I bought a fuel filter, so I'm going to change it out tomorrow.

Do I need to put the ass end up on stands or can I squeeze under it? I'm not a big guy.

· Registered
79 Posts
OK, I rechecked my spark and I do not have spark whatsoever... Now what???
You will need an electrical schematic and a multi-meter. I am not too familiar with '03 but I'm guessing that there is an ignition module. Check to see if there is power and a ground. Next is the pickup in the distributor. Also the coil needs to be checked.

BTW how did you check to see if you are getting spark. I typically will take the coil wire off the center of the distributor cap and hold it close to ground and look for a spark when cranking the engine.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You will need an electrical schematic and a multi-meter. I am not too familiar with '03 but I'm guessing that there is an ignition module. Check to see if there is power and a ground. Next is the pickup in the distributor. Also the coil needs to be checked.

BTW how did you check to see if you are getting spark. I typically will take the coil wire off the center of the distributor cap and hold it close to ground and look for a spark when cranking the engine.
Got it.. Me and the Chilton manual have gotten close during the past couple of days...

I used a spark tester which looks like a spark plug to test for spark. This Pathy doesn't have a distributor, only coils. I thought that it may have been the cam sensor but I took the multimeter to it and the OHMS are within range... I'm pretty frustrated at this point and it looks as if I'm going to have to get it towed to the dealer unless you know of something else that I can try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.