Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 143 Posts

· Please Shift Here
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
which muffler?
here's what you can get from Stromung:
>>full system: everything you need: $441 for b14 ~8-10hp
>>mid-pipe only: will need your own muffler: $170 ~5hp plus the hp gained by the muffler replacement.
>>Muffler only: not entirely sure, but expensive to buy alone (very little gain without piping)

· Driver
927 Posts
I should mention that the reason the stromung is such a good system is because of the midpipe. It's mandrel bent, the right size piping for our engines, and fits correctly. Getting just the muffler defeats the whole purpose of the stromung. The reason this exhaust was made in the first place was because a lot of us needed the midpipe ready made, since regular shops don't do mandrel bends. If you're interested in this exhaust, there's no good reason why not to get complete system in the first place.

· Please Shift Here
10,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
yes, you can use the mid-pipe with any other aftermarket muffler for the most part. I recommend you don't use the stock muffler if that's what you had in mind. Also, if you get yourself a straight thru muffler, I suggest you get a stromung resonator b/c no aftermarket muffler is as good sounding as Stromung's.

for the cat here's the deal...I think I had an issue with it but I'm not 100% on whether the tank I removed was the cat or not (I'm almost sure it was the cat). Anyway, I haven't had the opportunity to look under the front end of my car to re-check. Nevertheless, I believe whatever issue I faced only applies to my particular model. So therefore I believe for the most part that the following cars are safe from finding any issue with the cat:
B13s, b15s, 200sx's, any SR20 powered vehicle, and probably the 98s and 99s.

Selrider99, I'm sure you wont have any problem and kristinspapi, you probably won't have to worry either.

21 - 40 of 143 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.