Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Driver
927 Posts
I should mention that the reason the stromung is such a good system is because of the midpipe. It's mandrel bent, the right size piping for our engines, and fits correctly. Getting just the muffler defeats the whole purpose of the stromung. The reason this exhaust was made in the first place was because a lot of us needed the midpipe ready made, since regular shops don't do mandrel bends. If you're interested in this exhaust, there's no good reason why not to get complete system in the first place.

· Driver
927 Posts
Thanks for the clarification, and the great diagrams too. So, from looking at those diagrams, can it be assumed that someone that has a sentra with 2 cats stock, and wants to get an aftermarket header, still have a cat, and get the stromung midpipe(s) can simply buy the 200sx midpipe(since it has a shorter first section to accomodate for the cat), buy their own cat, and be ready to go?

· Driver
927 Posts
Re: Screw it!!

PatScottAKA99XE said:
I'm in for a mid-pipe, as long as its too long and not too short me and my buddy Sawzall can fix it :D
I will still try to help out the others with questions though.
Are you getting the sentra midpipe or the 200sx midpipe(I know you have a sentra)? I ask because, according to 1997 GA16DE's diagrams and myoung's pic, the 200sx midpipe is the one that has room for the second cat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.