Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm nibbling at the hook.

What is the resonator option?

For those just tuning in:
I'm referring to one of the choses in the post from the other forum. I registered for the other forum but can't reply on that site yet. That's why I'm posting an ambiguous reply here.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How did the first deal you were setting up go? Is this the same one? Curious...
went pretty well, had a few delays because I didn't have a real deadline and there was alot of stuff that I didn't know, oh, and they were just introducing the QG18DE and the B14 SR20DE ones. Being my second one, I should have this going much smoother.
What is the resonator option?
the resonator is like a pre-muffler. it will make the exhaust quieter than it already is. If you want one, they can add it to the order for about $30-40.
whats the normal price on the cat back for a B14 200sx 2.0 liter????
~$441 before shipping and any other charges
is this for any exhaust or just a ga exhaust???
anyone who has a 200sx or sentra (after '91) can order one. Models include:
B13 SR20DE
B14 GA16DE
b14 SR20DE
B15 QG18DE
b15 SR20DE
B15 QR25DE

·
ex-Super *********
1,410 Posts
I would be interested if I could get a non-polished, non-resonated, 3" cat-back for a four door B14. Is this possible? Possibly with out a muffler as well.. Damn I guess I just want a 3" non-res, non-muff, mandrel bent pipe So that I can choose my own muffler and paint it high-temp black

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a 3" system would probably not be possible. Last time we ran into some problems with ordering custom products. We ended up with alot of trouble getting answers to questions and having these systems being made mostly because of the slightly extra cost in materials, design and labor. Best option with a 3" exhaust is having a custom one made at a local shop or calling Scott direct at Stromung for ordering.

Sorry PatScott...

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
here's what we have:

---model-----------size----------price---------
>Full cat-back:
----B13 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B14 1.6L-------2.00”---------~$441
----B14 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$441
----B15 1.8L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B15 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B15 2.5L-------2.25”---------~$508
>Mid-pipe only-----varries-------~$170
>Muffler only--------------------~$250-300
>Resonator option----------------~$45

I might include other Nissans too now that we have a new board for all Nissans. I just need to find out what Stromung is currently making. Mike Young, can you help me out on this one.

·
Drives Hard
288 Posts
OK. The resonator is officially a $45 option. There is currently a 2.0 B14 midpipe in developement, soon to be released. There is also an option for Spec V's to add a resonator and a relocated O2 sensor bung for those who plan to install a header. Price has yet to be set on this, but count on +$45 for the resonator and a little bit more for the bung. B13s come with resonator (they need them) and are available in single and dual tip. I personally like the single better, it is a bit cheaper, and I have it on my own car.

1997 GA16DE said:
here's what we have:

---model-----------size----------price---------
>Full cat-back:
----B13 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B14 1.6L-------2.00”---------~$441
----B14 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$441
----B15 1.8L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B15 2.0L-------2.25”---------~$491
----B15 2.5L-------2.25”---------~$508
>Mid-pipe only-----varries-------~$170
>Muffler only--------------------~$250-300
>Resonator option----------------~$30-40

I might include other Nissans too now that we have a new board for all Nissans. I just need to find out what Stromung is currently making. Mike Young, can you help me out on this one.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
thanks greg, I'll change the resonator thing. the 2.0 b14 I know is going to be released b/c Scott told me that he almost had mine ready (for some reason he thought I had a 2.0L before I corrected the order).

Hey Greg, do you know about the size of the QR25 piping? I can't remember if it's 2.25 or 2.5.

·
HYDYST?
113 Posts
Has anyone from the last GB done a before and after dyno with their new Stromung exhaust?
I'm sure it flows well, I would still like to see if it adds any bumps or dips in different areas of the curve.

A

·
0 Posts
does anyone know what kind of tone this system will produce, i'm looking for a "non-riceboy" sound, w/ performance as the main factor. something a little quieter would be nice, how big of a difference are we talking with the resonator?

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
AznVirus: its ABOUT $441 for the full b14 system and expect at least $30 for shipping within borderless US.

peter96: I don't know if anyone from the last GB did any dynos, but I'm sure there are some floating around. I'm still waiting for my system (I got held up because I was the last to order and Scott thought I had a 2.0L). Anyway, I'll try to Get some dynos of my car when it's installed. I have some "Before" dynos from the last Dyno day (chef's). I'll post them up somewhere for ya'll (so you can see my pathetic numbers :D).

awsaut: The system uses some nice materials. The stromung is the LEAST "rice-boy" full exhaust you can find. As far as I know, the full system has a nice sound and you will only need a resonator if you want a super quiet system of if you find you're getting a raspy sound as a result of headers.

J

·
0 Posts
Justin, Scott may have gotten you mixed up with me. I called him last week wondering when my 2.0 b14 system would be done. He knows both of us as "organizers" of the last GD. And for some reason, I get called Justin all the time. Weird.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts