Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mofo
5,304 Posts
I installed my header in about an hour. But I have a lot of experiance in workign on mport and domestic motors.
They exhaust was a different story. It took me around 3 hours. That was in the dirt, and only 2 jack stands.
If you have worked on cars some, and are familiar with tools, the header shouldnt take you that long. Its always better to have an extra pair of hands when doing the exhaust thoe.

· Mofo
5,304 Posts
ditto0011 said:
Yeh... I think I am going to do the exhaust first. So just so I know it goes from the block, to the headers, headers go all the way down to the cat, which then goes to muffler right? I am looking at buying it from the cat all the way back first, then the headers. How much would it be for decent exhaust all the way to the cat? Any good brand suggestions either? Thanks.... And yeh it does seem a little scary, being that this is my ONLY means of transportation, but thats how i learn everything, take it apart, put it back together, I'm pretty good about stuff like that so I know as long as I'm paying attention, I should be allright...... lol at least i hope so...
:hal:
Well the 1st thing you need to lean is that your car doent need headers, it needs a header, singular, meaning only one.
If you use the search feature here on the forum you will find many threads with instruction on how to install a header.
Dependingon what state you live in, you might not pass you inspection with a header. So to start out, get a cat back exhaust system. 2" no bigger or you will loose power.
Then get a cold air intake.
ALl of these items have been discussed many time here, so using the search feature is your bestest friend now...lol

· Mofo
5,304 Posts
The reason I explained about the other stuff is that those topics have not been discussed very often, and if searched for will not come up with many topics to read and explain.
But the questions he was asking have been discussed many many times in depth. If you search for CAI, you will get over a thousand threads. Im just tired of typing the same thing over and over again, knowing i've explained it about 30 times.
Now I know its a pain to search, i've been there. How do you think i've learned as much as I know. If you look at the threads I have started, you wont find many with questions. Also another way I learned was by just doing it. Trial and error.
I hope this explains why I do what I do......lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.