Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Brandon

The L pipe is RATTLING on the gas tank.. the L pipe was not properly made.. i'm wondering if you'r ehaving this problem too? That rattling is really annoying

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ditto0011 said:
I was looking into buying some headers for my car... I don't know that much about how to install them(haha ok so i don't know ANYTHING about it), but is it something that can easily be done/learned? And also will it hook up with stock exhaust? Or should I do it the other way around(muffler, cat, then headers)? How does it connect to the block? And would I need a lift. I've been working a lot lately, haven't really taken the time to get up under the car and poke around w/ it. Just thought I'd ask cuz you guys are crazy full of all sorts of helpfull info. What kind of performance increase would I see out of headers w/ just intake, stock everything else on a ga16 motor?
You'll need 4 jackstands, a jacklifter thingie.. a breaker bar.. a rachet set and a rachet.. WD-40/PB Blaster/Liquid Wrench.

It can be done.. you can do it by yourself - but to speed up the process.. buy the things i've mentioned to you beforehand.. make sure you have what you need.. or you will be stuck going back and forth from garage to store.

The HotShot header will bolt on to your stock exhaust.

I don't know what increases you'd get from just getting headers and an intake alone.. you really don't get the full potential out of the mods if you don't change the exhaust as well.. if i'm wrong, correct me please.

But it may seem a little scary or whatever if you don't do shit like that.. but i did it.. by myself.. took me longer than most.. i don't even wanna say how long it took! Embarrassing

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nostrodomas said:
Well the 1st thing you need to lean is that your car doent need headers, it needs a header, singular, meaning only one.
If you use the search feature here on the forum you will find many threads with instruction on how to install a header.
Dependingon what state you live in, you might not pass you inspection with a header. So to start out, get a cat back exhaust system. 2" no bigger or you will loose power.
Then get a cold air intake.
ALl of these items have been discussed many time here, so using the search feature is your bestest friend now...lol
I can't figure you out.. you took the time to explain.. in MULTIPLE posts.. how to install some fucking spark plugs and other tune-up shit.. and not tell him to search once.. but you tell this kid to search.. not arguin or anything.. just wonderin

· Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nostrodomas said:
The reason I explained about the other stuff is that those topics have not been discussed very often, and if searched for will not come up with many topics to read and explain.
But the questions he was asking have been discussed many many times in depth. If you search for CAI, you will get over a thousand threads. Im just tired of typing the same thing over and over again, knowing i've explained it about 30 times.
Now I know its a pain to search, i've been there. How do you think i've learned as much as I know. If you look at the threads I have started, you wont find many with questions. Also another way I learned was by just doing it. Trial and error.
I hope this explains why I do what I do......lol
I think it's cool that you explained.. just trying to figure out why you no flame the tune-up question but the more 'advanced' Header/Intake/Exhaust question you do "search first plz"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.