Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if buying a Stromung exhausrt and putting a splitter or something near the back to change it to dual exauhst be a better idea than getting a whole custom exauhst made at a shop. I want dual exauhst because the Vis Racing body kit I am buying has two exauhst holes in the backk bumper. Also, would haveing dual exhaust (well at least fake dual) make my car sound bad? Thanks for the help.

·
Soggy GloryHoler
792 Posts
ga16freak said:
I was wondering if buying a Stromung exhausrt and putting a splitter or something near the back to change it to dual exauhst be a better idea than getting a whole custom exauhst made at a shop. I want dual exauhst because the Vis Racing body kit I am buying has two exauhst holes in the backk bumper. Also, would haveing dual exhaust (well at least fake dual) make my car sound bad? Thanks for the help.
I dont think you should do it. For one, duel exhuasts are pointless unless your car has enough power that it is applicable. If your doing it for looks then go right ahead, it shouldn't be to difficult to do it. And no duels dont sound bad if done right. My friends Teg has duels but its also turboed!!!!!!!! :D

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
91sentra said:
I dont think you should do it. For one, duel exhuasts are pointless unless your car has enough power that it is applicable. If your doing it for looks then go right ahead, it shouldn't be to difficult to do it. And no duels dont sound bad if done right. My friends Teg has duels but its also turboed!!!!!!!! :D
Yea it would be just for looks, do you think buying the stromung and changing it to dual would be better that getting the whole thing done by an exauhst shop? Thanks for the help. :)

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
that would be pointless to buy the stromung, just get a custom dual

·
nissan??? whats that
280 Posts
that would be hella expensive considering that a catbak costs 519 and another muffler costs another 319 thats 838 +s/h or tax then there is the custom tubing u have to run +mandrel bends(for better performance) or crush.
unless u have about 1k i would'nt bother

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
you would have very slow acceleration
and if you do do it, then don't worry about going stromung, the only reason you should go with them is a 2" catback b/c it is the best you can get for the 1.6

However even a custom from a shop is gonna cost you quite a bit.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slow200 said:
that would be hella expensive considering that a catbak costs 519 and another muffler costs another 319 thats 838 +s/h or tax then there is the custom tubing u have to run +mandrel bends(for better performance) or crush.
I wasnt planning on using Stromung mufflers.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xbrandonx said:
you would have very slow acceleration
and if you do do it, then don't worry about going stromung, the only reason you should go with them is a 2" catback b/c it is the best you can get for the 1.6

However even a custom from a shop is gonna cost you quite a bit.
Do you think it would affect the acceleration much, it would be to much more piping. An extra 3 feet at most. Maybe I should just by some pre bent sections of pipe and make it myself. How much do you think a shop would charge for that kind of job id I supply the mufflers?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
I think your accelartion would be very sluggish. People that have gone 2.25 on their 1.6 say they feel it drasticly. However if you turboed, it could be an option.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
you would loose a lot of low end.. even when you go too big, you will loose low end power and maybe even horsepower, but you are tryin to force more air out then you can take in...

·
Registered
28 Posts
slow200 said:
Negative, I have two twin tip magnaflows with 2 1/4 piping from the cat back and it cost 350, all custom. If you go to a shop and ask what they can do for you. You can usually get them to cut you a break. One big issue is making sure its mandrel bent. "did not get a break because I knew the guy I just walked in off the street and three hours later walked o
ut with duels."

These guys are right, it did feel a little sluggish until I put the turbo in. Then it helped a crapload. On top of that, my turbo quieted the mufflers down a lot.

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok the dual idea is out after reading all of this. But what should I do, i am ordering an Omega kit from Vis Racing next week and the back bumper has cutouts for daul exauhst and it will look stupid if I just leave a big gaping hole in my rear bumoer.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
glass the other hole in.........................then when you have it painted just paint over it. please dont be a dork and buy a muffler that dosent do anything (not connected to anything) i hate that! in the cold i can allways see what is smoking and i have seen far to many civics and sentras alike that only one muffler is smokeing or only one has alittle soot on it...........the other is shiny as bling. :thumbdwn: just do some custom work to the bumper it will be far less expencive.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
You can always turn the muffler horizontally and then just dumping the tip. Have all of it tucked up under the huge rear bumper cover. Make sure you get a cherry bomb/ resonator so you dont get the raspy ricer sound.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
You can always turn the muffler horizontally and then just dumping the tip. Have all of it tucked up under the huge rear bumper cover. Make sure you get a cherry bomb/ resonator so you dont get the raspy ricer sound.
what? do you mean like not have the muffler showing at all?

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
Nostrodomas said:
Correct, not seeing any part of the exhaust, muffler, or tip.
intresting but im not a big fan of that. also when you are not moving (stuck in traffic or what not) i would think it would entre the car through those little vents in the trunk :thumbdwn:

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
I never said it would be fuctional.....lol just an option.
Ok then cut a hole in the middle of the bumper, and feed the tip through there?....ahahaha

·
Banned
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1.6pete said:
glass the other hole in.........................then when you have it painted just paint over it. please dont be a dork and buy a muffler that dosent do anything (not connected to anything) i hate that! in the cold i can allways see what is smoking and i have seen far to many civics and sentras alike that only one muffler is smokeing or only one has alittle soot on it...........the other is shiny as bling. :thumbdwn: just do some custom work to the bumper it will be far less expencive.
Well I wanted to learn how to use fiberglass so I guess heres my chance.lol. Hope its not too hard.

·
Mofo
2,225 Posts
Just dont rush it. Take your time, dont get into a hurry. When you are sanding, if you think it look perfect, run water over it and then look at it again, you will be amazed what you missed. Once the paint is on there, you will see a lot of stuff you didnt see before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts