Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 87 has a streched cable I think I just put a good clutch in it and the pedal still travels damn near to the floor before I get any preassure and the clutch is slipping so I can not get it into first if the engine is running. also the adjuster is all the way I can not adjust anymore. I checked out the price it is only 25.00 so I will get one tonight and install it. Just couriuos if any one else has had a clutch cable stretch normally they break.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I replaced it tonight and the clutch is like new. So know I am in heaven I have a good tranny 5th gear :banhump: , A good clutch and a good pedal feel. Subies tend to strech them but normally most others tend to snapp. Metal will stretch but it is not common. I am just glad that my tranny is good to go for 125.00.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
mille-16i said:
Well I replaced it tonight and the clutch is like new. So know I am in heaven I have a good tranny 5th gear :banhump: , A good clutch and a good pedal feel. Subies tend to strech them but normally most others tend to snapp. Metal will stretch but it is not common. I am just glad that my tranny is good to go for 125.00.

i believe you're the first person to do the clutch cable without having to come back on here asking how the hell to get the cable to reach both connections...congrats

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am a mechanic by trade. but thanks for the props. It was alot easier to do then the subie one I did a while back that one sucked ass had to take the pedal off. I just had fun getting it back on the clutch pedal but I managed with a little tape. Also I love my FSM All go buy a FSM.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn straight that was no picnic but it works now like a champ. Been a good weekend now my sentra feels like a new(er) car. Can't wait to get the door fixed and the front dogbone fixed and I will be happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah - mine snapped on the way home from work....I speed shifted over to checker and installed it in the parking lot. I went through 2 of them on my '84 accord , so I had an idea of what was in store . . .but it was still not easy by any stretch of the imagination !

speed shifting -one of the many, many reasons (there are so many reasons) that I prefer a manual transmission over an automatic.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok guy I have one question,I have about 215KM on my car, when did you guy have to change your cable??,and what would you say is the best one to get b/c I am thinking of getting one for my car, there's nothing wrong with mine but I like to be safe then sorry thanx.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had not realized it had streched till I changed the tranny and put a decent clutch in it, I guess the old clutch slipped enough to allow gear changes and the better one did not so then I replaced it lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.