Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 87 has a streched cable I think I just put a good clutch in it and the pedal still travels damn near to the floor before I get any preassure and the clutch is slipping so I can not get it into first if the engine is running. also the adjuster is all the way I can not adjust anymore. I checked out the price it is only 25.00 so I will get one tonight and install it. Just couriuos if any one else has had a clutch cable stretch normally they break.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I replaced it tonight and the clutch is like new. So know I am in heaven I have a good tranny 5th gear :banhump: , A good clutch and a good pedal feel. Subies tend to strech them but normally most others tend to snapp. Metal will stretch but it is not common. I am just glad that my tranny is good to go for 125.00.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
mille-16i said:
Well I replaced it tonight and the clutch is like new. So know I am in heaven I have a good tranny 5th gear :banhump: , A good clutch and a good pedal feel. Subies tend to strech them but normally most others tend to snapp. Metal will stretch but it is not common. I am just glad that my tranny is good to go for 125.00.

i believe you're the first person to do the clutch cable without having to come back on here asking how the hell to get the cable to reach both connections...congrats

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am a mechanic by trade. but thanks for the props. It was alot easier to do then the subie one I did a while back that one sucked ass had to take the pedal off. I just had fun getting it back on the clutch pedal but I managed with a little tape. Also I love my FSM All go buy a FSM.

·
Registered
18 Posts
mine stretched , then broke . . .man , it was a huge pain to get it on the pedal . . .japanese must have small hands !

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Damn straight that was no picnic but it works now like a champ. Been a good weekend now my sentra feels like a new(er) car. Can't wait to get the door fixed and the front dogbone fixed and I will be happy.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah - mine snapped on the way home from work....I speed shifted over to checker and installed it in the parking lot. I went through 2 of them on my '84 accord , so I had an idea of what was in store . . .but it was still not easy by any stretch of the imagination !

speed shifting -one of the many, many reasons (there are so many reasons) that I prefer a manual transmission over an automatic.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
if you are asking me it was just a factory nissan clutch had a nissan sticker on it.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bought a CSK cable and after the first one snapped the second has held for about 10k.

·
Registered
111 Posts
ok guy I have one question,I have about 215KM on my car, when did you guy have to change your cable??,and what would you say is the best one to get b/c I am thinking of getting one for my car, there's nothing wrong with mine but I like to be safe then sorry thanx.

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my car had 210,000 miles on it when mine gave way let it go till it either streches or snaps unless you love to work on your car lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
LOL well I do LOVE working on my car but if you guy say don't worry about it in till it goes then I'll leave it and work on other things but thanx for the post guys

·
GA16DE
606 Posts
Hi
From my exp
If the clutch cable 'stretches' it is a good idea to have a replacement around;)
It is already failing

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I had not realized it had streched till I changed the tranny and put a decent clutch in it, I guess the old clutch slipped enough to allow gear changes and the better one did not so then I replaced it lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts