Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey,recently ive had problems with my car not taking its fuel under 1-10% throttle while driving.Ive got a power fc and when it happens EAI flashes in the sensor switch check page.Under 10%-WOT it drives normally.

Ive got to rev up the rpm when at a stop to get the car moving.Its a pain when it happens.

Also when i apply 3-5% throttle while not driving and hold it there the cars revs surge up and down and EAI once again flashes when it surges up and goes off when it comes down all the while holding the throttle at the same spot.

New Plugs,new Fuel filter,.....Anyone know what EAI stands for on the power fc SEN/SWI CHK page means??

The motor is built from bottom up and runs 12.30's in the 1/4 mile and also a daily driver and this is the first time for this problem.

ANY help as to what is causing this would be excellent...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah checked all those....its not there...Did a bit more research and EAI Stands for Electronic Air Idle, which means there is a air leak somewhere ,my guess is that its a manifold gasket causing the motor to load up on fuel during low load driving.Time to start hauling it apart.

Thanks for the help...its appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts