Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,
I have an early 2.2DI engine that is in a Tino, (same one found in an X-Trail) that has developed a strange problem.
When starting & running the engine from cold (sub zero) it works well and pulls through all gears.
When starting the engine once warm (or with a higher ambient temp) there is no power below 1500revs and if I try to maintain any sort of constant speed it stutters! The engine has also become VERY noisy.

I have replaced the MAF sensor, but the mechanic thinks it to be a problem with the air mixture and has checked all of the usual places, but cannot find anything wrong.

The REALLY strange things is I have a friend who has a petrol nissan 200 turbo that has developed the same fault! His mechanic cannot trace it either :(

Does anyone have any suggestions that doesnt involve replacing each engine part to find the problem?

thanks for any suggestions
cheers
Col

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi all,
The mechanic is suggesting a nissan main dealer to read the codes, but my experience with main dealers is anything but positive!
To be honest, as no engine lights have popped up I have my doubts whether there will be anything to find on the read outs anyway..

Another item found on the 'net is the lambada(?) sensor, which can stay open if the car is used for short journeys, which this one has...

Picked it back up from the mechanic yesterday and it is running better, but not 100% so am presuming that he must be on the right track with the air intake issue.
What do you think?
cheers
Col

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seems it is a very difficult one as there has been lots of views but no clue as to the cause.
From the other forum I have placed it on, the ppl there have narrowed it down to either EGR valve or coolant temp semsor.
But since posting the problem appears worse as the loss of power and rough running now appears up to 2500 revs, but sometimes when I lift my foot off the gas or change gear it clears and starts to run OK for a while :confused:
ta
Col

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,236 Posts
Check for a major vacuum leak in the intake system. Connect a vacuum gauge to a good vacuum source. With the motor fully warmed up, the reading at idle should be 18 - 20 InHg. At 3,000 RPM, it should be 21 InHg.

·
Registered
117 Posts
ats some time can make warm engines run like ###t
but that is insane!?!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone that is interested the problemm was been traced to a swirl chamber (valve?).
It cost a fortune to have the codes read and all that has actually happened is the actuator has been adjusted to prevent it clogging up....
cheers
Col

·
Registered
215 Posts
swirl

that sounds like the same problem as the senter 1.8 from 02-04. although on the sentras we had to replace the intake manifold

1 - 7 of 7 Posts