Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
i have a 92 nissan sentra 1.6l auto and under the hood, i see oil all over the engine. it surely isnt leaking from the engine head, but it seems to come somewhere near the distributor area as the distributor is covered in oil, i mean i can see some oil holding at the bottom part of the distributor. its very strange how the oil comes till the distributor. anyway the leak isnt bad as the oil level doesnt go bad very often. but all i am worried is if it gonna be bad in the long run?
thanks
maheshwar kaladar

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
think it is the front crank seal

hi

i think it is the front crank seal. the leak used to be small before. say, i find some oil hanging onto the oil pan and the cv rod. then i made a very long trip to the smokies in NC for the weekend and today I am back home in FL and i see oil all over the lower engine area. the internal area of the wheels, the cv rod alternator belts and all other belts in that area.

how bad has it become given the fact that i drove 1600 miles for the weekend and the oil level going from high to 30%high in 3 days?

mk

· Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
commercial sealant for engine oil

Hi Katana200sx

I was wondering as to how you can access the belts area. should I remove the alternator or something. can I change the seal myself?

how bad can it be in the long run if I leave it unattended?

can i use a sealant oil from walmart. it says that engine leaks should stop within the first 500 miles of use. is it harmful for the engine?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.