Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This problem had been with me a long time, and now it is really getting to me. There is a flapping or hitting noise of some sort coming from the back of my car, near the trunk. people sitting in the back could here it, and sounds like coming from the trunk. I checked the license plate, and its very tight. I opened the trunk and see if anything is loose, evern under the area where the flat-tire sits. I dont know where its coming from, but when the ride is bumpy, the sound appears. *Cling....... CLing ....CLing.........

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
could be the bars inside the trunk, the spring bars that help opening the trunk

·
I miss good ol' OT
1,716 Posts
Something in the spare tire well?

·
What is Seven Ten for?
2,917 Posts
or maybe the spare tire itself, make sure it is secured down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have this problem too...its the bars like Chimmike was saying...its annoying...but look into the trunk, then look up towards the roof of it, youll see 2 crossing metal bars, and they come close togethr, actually touching..there should be a little rubber separator in the middle, see if that got moved or slid around....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
koo, I'll check the trunk and see wa sup. thanks guys

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
OK. You have a few possibilities. 1)Wheel well 2)Rear Deck (I have had screws in speakers come out) 3)Wheel and tyre related 4)Spare tyre 5)Exhaust (something may be lose). I would check those, especially the exhaust area if the sound is anything metallic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts