Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question. When I come to a stop sometimes a knocking sound comes from the rear passenger area. Almost as if it is coming from the wheel area. This is a 96200sx se with rear drums. Could the brake be making the noise. Its like "clunk...clunk...clunk.." until I stop. Doesn't happen everytime but often.

any suggestions?

thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
i have the same exact problem. i think the drums are "out of round" cuz when i brake there's a pulsation. i dont really wanna replace the rotors (since they probably do need to be replaced) cuz i wanna get the nx2000 brake upgrade from courtesy nissan, unless anyone knows of a complete kit for less. (no junkyard, too much work)

·
Registered
346 Posts
yo

yo I have a B13 Sentra.....and I know what your talking about.....it happens to me too. Know what it is? It is your spring moving around within the top of the perch of your shock. It makes a clunk clunk sound. You could use rubber tubing and wrap the bottom three coils to stop the noise. Just a suggestion. Peace!

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
It's not a hot babe, bound and gagged in your trunk? Oh, wait, you don't drive a BMW...

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys thanks for the info. I will check out both options and let ya know what I find.

later

·
Registered
393 Posts
that seems like it makes sense, cuz the rubber that goes on the bottom of the springs (in between the perch and the spring) is like deteriorating and stuff... how do i go about replacing that? what would i ask for? i can do the labor myself, cuz i have access to a spring compressor, but i dunno what to do about getting that rubber thing

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah...I am thinking its the rubber boot also. I looked at mine it is pretty much gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts