Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Nissan/Mazda Gumshoe
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay i know they make everything under the sun for a b13 and up. but what about the b12, are there options out there for a brake upgrade. yes i have seen the drilled/slotted rotters for it but what about the rear? are there disc conversion options for the back. huh, anyone?:(

·
0 Posts
hey what crosed drilled rotors fit the 87 sentra or who makes them plase let me know

·
Moderator/ NPM staff
522 Posts
Front: The Se-r or NX disc brakes will work here with really no modification at all. You will notice a good improvement in stopping ability from this.

Rear: The rear is a bit more challeging. I will be covering this probably in next month's NPM. Unfortunately, there is no off the shelf answer to this.

Also a good set of braided brake lines from goodridge may do you some good.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
I use the whole NX2000 brake set up to include it's brake booster. The rear is a bit of a challenge, but can be done if you really want them! My rear disc set up on both b12's work fine and trips alot of people when they see them.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
does someone have somekind of CAD/CAM file so i can have those rear braket done by a local shop around here ??

??...or maybe mesurments i can use to make a simple design they can use ??

·
0 Posts
help

hello i wanted to know if any1 here can tell me what do i need from the se-r or nx front brakes to swap into my 87b-12 if u can tell me step by step i would appreciate the help

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You will need the NX2000's calipers (complete) and front brake lines. Remove your calipers and your heat shield (Very important) and install the NX200 calipers and brake lines the reverse way you removed yours.

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
youll need the bracket too (??) to mount the caliper on hah?

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
You will need the NX2000's calipers (complete) and front brake lines.
(Complete) meant everything! The caliper is no good without its mounting bracket!

·
Registered
185 Posts
boost_boy said:
(Complete) meant everything! The caliper is no good without its mounting bracket!
Are you talking about the spindle (upright)?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
just the brakcet its bolted on.... caliper and disk!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
how about the back ???.... should there be any plate there wich i can use on my car ???

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
Remove the heatshield!
just the brakcet its bolted on.... caliper and disk!
Yes! You do not need the steering knuckle.

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
B12's steering knuckles are different from all others.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts