Nissan Forum banner

Stop behind gas pedal?

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  PatScottAKA99XE 
G
#1 ·
On my 98 sentra GXE 5 spd I have a stop behind the gas pedal held on by a screw. What does that do, why is it there?

I just got my car a week ago...

thanks for any help.

G
#8 ·
i just wanted to know if it was there for a REASON, or someone put it on there to keep their kid from accelerating too fast or what. i was wondering if its keeping my car from being able to open all the way up...

#11 ·
grasshoppers.......

the pedal is a limiter to the throttle body, some cars have it some don't, also another safety item, DOT-wise, if you just remove it, without checking throttle plate movement, WOT will not be WOT and you risk messing up the shaft and TPS........hope this is enlightening.....

#12 ·
thanks for the info azkicker, i was wondering as well what the hell that thing was. good thing i didnt remove it like my friends were all tlling me to!what if i do check the plate though? would wot be changed any?

#13 ·
If want to check it, thats easy.
Remove the intake tube from the throttle body.
Have a buddy get in your car and put teh pedal all the way down.
Look at the butterfly in the throttle body, If it is straight in side the body then you are achiving WOT and removing the stop wont help at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.