Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, i have a '91 Sentra E with a GA16DE and drum brake rear, but it has sway bars, front and rear. From what i had read, E's don't have front or rear, but my front is a bout 29mm and the rear is like 10mm, anybody know if this could've been a dealer option or something? Could my E not really an E but an SE or XE or GXE or whatever the models are? Its a 4dr automatic w/ electric seatbelts and NO tach, if that helps at all.

Thanks.
Tom

·
Registered
638 Posts
All 91-94 E models with the auto tranny option package came with front & rear sway bars as well as larger 175/70/13 tires. A cheap mod to improve your cars handling a bit, is to install an se-r rear bar. It's a bit bigger 15mm vs. 10mm, then add the energy suspension rear sway bar bushing kit and you'll feel a nice improvement. I sure did... :)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a 1995 B13 base model, not even and E; mud guards were extra but I have them, and even the base model has sway bars. The front sway bar cracked off on my mother's base model Sentra (since it's hollow, 7 years old and driven on salted roads in the winter). Needless to say, the ride was horrific; I thought I had a cracked off strut as the car would bottom out over the smallest bump. It rides fine after it was fixed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does an SE-R have a bigger front sway bar? Are the struts/springs stiffer? Just curious.

I was thinking about going with poly control arm bushing front and rear anyways.

Thanks.
Tom

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
Base model B13's didn't come with sway bars in the U.S. though. I noticed a difference between my SE-R and the XE, same years, similar mileage. Could be a lot of things though. I'm going to replace my sway bars with Suspension Techniques ones when I do all new suspension, GC/AGX perhaps, and the ES bushings master kit. Anyways, the fronts are the same, well actually the diameter of the one on GA16DE powered cars is a bit larger than on SE-R's.

·
Registered
476 Posts
"Base model B13's didn't come with sway bars in the U.S. though."

I guess the same may have been true in Canada as well during early production. Two of our base model Sentra's have sway bars but model spacifics in US/Canada/Mexico is not always the same considering the B13 was still in production here in Canada through 1996 for the 2DR only. I still find it odd that new and old cars don't always have sway bars. Even strut tower bars is a no brainer which doesn't cost a lot considering it's only a straight piece of metal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts