Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know whats strange. I lowered my 93 SE-R in march but didn't change the struts when I had my Eibach Sportlines installed(yeah I know I should have changed both the same time :) by August my cars handling was horrible(alot of bounce and leaned alot into curves).Finally 2 days ago I changed the stock struts and installed some tociko's. II was so excited...but when I hop in and toke it for a spin I realized there was barely any inprovement.In fact it didn't handle as well as when I first installed the Eibach without changing the stock shocks. Anyone had this problem? Why is this? It doesn't seem to make sence because the tociko's are better and have a higher rate.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Did you cut your bumpstops in half? That helps a lot on hard bumps. You won't get that "bang" on them.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am not sure actually because I took it to am auto shop and had it done.By the way the bump stop wouldn't determine how stiff the struts are and how much body rollyou get while turning right?Becuase my stock struts were were stiffer than my tociko's at first when I changed to the eibach sportline springs

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying. Thought you were referring to the roughness of the ride between the stockers and the Tokicos. I had Tokicos and scrapped them for a pair of kyb gr2's. I won't buy Tokicos again.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much will a set of GR2's run? And how long can I expect my stock struts to last if I install a set of Eibach's?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts