Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,010 Posts
If you're talking about installing an RB26DETT into an 240SX, no, it will not pass CA emissions. If you want it to pass emissions, find a friend in inspections.

·
Registered
430 Posts
lol, just leave it in the Skyline...

wtf?
i mean hell!
someone who doesn't know if a Skyline engine is street legal, when the engine they bought came from ..... a Skyline.

do us all a favor and leave the damn engine in the Skyline so ppl like me will have GT car when we make it up there.

i swear.. probably just gonna wreck it in a week anyways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
what engine management are you using? stock ecu? many places require OBDII for smog so that will fail you right off the bat. i think cali requires OBDII. but in short no it wont pass the sniffer.

ignore that ochno guy....he gets emotional when it comes to anything skyline related.

·
Registered
430 Posts
in other words, write your senator, cuz stock-holders sure as hell ain't gonna do anything.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The RB26DETT will not pass CA smog check at all (from a conventional, legal standpoint). With that said, right amount of money can make anything happen... more or less. LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen a few skyline engined 240s out here.... but I live in Florida. Maybe you should pack your bags

1 - 11 of 11 Posts