Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Curious what would happen if i put 2" exhaust pipe with the stock muffler. I already have headers with stock exhaust. It picks up a lot better than with the stock headers. so if i do the piping will that also give me a little extra power.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
curtisj85 said:
Just Curious what would happen if i put 2" exhaust pipe with the stock muffler. I already have headers with stock exhaust. It picks up a lot better than with the stock headers. so if i do the piping will that also give me a little extra power.
In my opinion it's a complete waste! Will it make a little more power than stock? Sure but your still bottlenecked at the stock muffler.

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
I think it depends on what you're after. More horsepower? Quiet exhaust? Saving money by buying a piece at a time?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going For

Im going for more quiet with a little more power for when i get on the highway making my New Orleans to Houston runs

·
Erin Go Bragh!
168 Posts
Nismo1997 said:
Ive got a 2inch exhaust with Greddy SP exhaust tip and its a low deep sound.
That definately sounds like the way to go.
Get a longer muffler for more noise dampening if you want, but remember that almost nothing beats quality - like Greddy.

·
Registered
120 Posts
curtisj85 said:
Im going for more quiet with a little more power for when i get on the highway making my New Orleans to Houston runs
With headers and a less restrictive exhaust one of the most important things is a good resonator. I have a 24" magnapack and it's great. My exhaust is fabricated and it was the first nissan the shop had done. They put an 8" vibrant resonator on initially and promised me it would do the job. Inside the car buzzed like crazy, you couldn't talk to the person in the seat next to you, especially in the 3-5 grand rpm range.
I put on a magnaflow muffler. My error was getting a dual tip, too much flow. I've had to reduce the size of the exit tips to effectively muffle.

I wouldn't piece it together. Old muffler means some rust, connected to new metal speeds up rust on new stuff. That's just my opinion.
Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts