Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know how to pull 'em out? im sure everyone's swapped out their bulbs to "hyper white" or whatever, i need to know how to remove them. i found the two screws on the inner side, but there seems to be another one on the outside. please tell me i dont have to remove my bumper

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
you have to go in back of the fog light under the car....there will be a plastic retainer screw to screw off then you can pull out the cap that holds the wires...disconnect the wires and there will be a thin metal clip that holds the bulb in lift it up and there ya go..pull it out and switch it..

that should be about it

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeh, i know the retainer for the headlights were a pain in the ass for me but what he said should solve the problem and be similar.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
all right, ill try it. i think thats the way i tried to go about it the first time, but it looked like even if i got the clips removed there is such limited space that it would come out anyway. thats why i thought you had to remove the entire housing. thanks

·
Registered
145 Posts
but where...

I always read the fog light threads but guess I need to know where I can come up on some OEM foglights not at OEM nissan prices. Any thoughts? Thanks Pablo

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do the sentras have a spot on the bumper for the foglights? i never really looked, but i saw one today, that looks smooth on the corners, like they werent intended to have the stock foglights there. IMO aftermarket foglights look better. im thinking about taking my stock ones out and getting some aftermarket ones. if i do, ill put 'em up for sale on here.

D

·
0 Posts
oem foglights

ok.. well i'm lookign to buy some oem foglight so if anyone knows of any for sale or are selling theres.. please e-mail me @ [email protected] or pm me

later

·
Cone Dodger
3,093 Posts
some sentras have no spot for the foglights, hence people switch to aftermarket fogs even with factory bumpers, later sentras, have them, 200's always have them, and even without the foglights options, and for those with factory fogs, check out the other thread somewhere here where you can have the fogs on with just the park lights, and even with the high beams, have it, modified it, lovin' it........

·
Team Serious
2,133 Posts
99 and i think 98 sentras have the openings for the fogs...

you can find them on ebay... i see them on there all the time

or check sr20deforum.com i think someone over there is selling some

·
120 Posts
ok i just tried to swap my stock fog bulbs with some aftermarket ones. problem: once i get to the bulb, the end of the wire seems stuck onto white thing. i have no idea how to detach the wire and pull out the bulb. so i gave up and put it back together. can someone please explain how i detach the wire from that mess?

·
120 Posts
finally i put in my bulbs. damn that was a pain in the ass. all the parts around the area scratched up the skin on my fingers and hands cuz there is so little space to work with. but my fogs look good now. i think my bulbs are a little bit crooked still, so i gotta readjust them

·
0 Posts
V i V i D 200sx said:
<snip> thats why i thought you had to remove the entire housing. thanks
BINGO!!! You have to remove the entire foglight housing. Remove the black plastic trim piece with the phillips screwdriver, remove the two bolts top and bottom that have a phillips/10MM (I think) head. After that, there is a weird fitting toward the outside of the car. It'll seem like it's not going to come but it will... just yank harder (felt like I was going to break the stupid thing the first time I did it) Once you get the housing loose, it's easy to unclip the wiring harness and pull the foglight apart to get to the bulb itself. The retainer clip and the little housing that the H3 bulb connect into are a bit of a pain in the butt but it's *MUCH* easier than trying to do it while under the car and in the limited space you have with the housing in place!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts