Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay, I got a 03' Spec-V and I know it says I got me a "free-flowing" exhaust...but, what does that really mean, and if I decied to change it, muffler or entire catback, will it be bad (loosing hp) if i went w/ a bigger pipe? I know it has two cats, but can I rip one out and put a test pipe on it? what will these changes do? do they even make test pipes for our cars? thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
Shevon said:
Hay, I got a 03' Spec-V and I know it says I got me a "free-flowing" exhaust...but, what does that really mean, and if I decied to change it, muffler or entire catback, will it be bad (loosing hp) if i went w/ a bigger pipe? I know it has two cats, but can I rip one out and put a test pipe on it? what will these changes do? do they even make test pipes for our cars? thanks
yes the se-r has a pretty good stock exhaust, but its too small. I measured mine with a caliper and it was 1.987". You can go up to a 2.5" exhaust but I would stay around 2.25" unless you are planning to use nitrous. Removing the second cat will be a pain and if you get a header you will just have to put it back on due to the obdII system.:cool:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crappppp....ok so I can get a 2.25 (and I am planing to run n2o later) pipe and some sort of good exhaust and it will show increase in hp...+ cai and i'll be alright I guess...hmmm...is it 2.25 cat-back or just to the muffler?

·
Registered
369 Posts
SE-R420 said:
i was also wondering how far back from the muffler should i change my piping to 2.25 inch?

thanx
you should start at the second cat wityh 2.25" piping. I believe the secondary pipe is 2.25 or 2.5" leading up to the second cat but have not measured it because the heat sheild is in the way.:cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
thats what i did i went with a costom built cat back (friend works at an exhaust shop) i went from the second (main) cat all the way out with 2.5 O.D. stainless with a sebring muffler (model 95225d14SP410). It has a deep mellow tone to it not brappy at all and 2.5 O.D. makes the i.d. of the pipe about 2 3/8, so its good for occasional nos (30 shot planned in the future) and not too big for everyday driving. and i had a noticeable difference with the new exhaust. it gained most through the mid and top end.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sebring muffler?! lol...ok....what about a performance muffler like Jun or AC revolution or something like...and what does O.D. stand for?? main cat thats the one right after the downpipe?! ehehe sorry for all these questions I just want to do it right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
before you start laughing at what kind of muffler i or anyone else put on their car you might want to consider actually looking into the product. ill make it wasy for you.. ill even post the link for you since your are obviously not familiar with the search feature on most web browsers..here is the links for you..

http://www.tccamotorsport.com.au/sebring.htm

and wouldn't you know here is the second link..

http://www.sebringtuning.com/new/main.html

and ill just let you know incase you dont want to read the about us section. Sebring performance tuning was created by Jim Cook Racing that has dominated racing for 23 seasons with an astonishing 24 hour endurance record of 7 wins in 14 starts, three 24 Hours of Daytona 12 IMSA lap records, 5 Show Room Stock National Endurance Championships. The Jim Cook banner has flown over 35 different types of cars on almost every circuit in the United States, plus races in Canada, Mexico, Australia and Japan.

so before you go off and attempt to flame someone for what performance products they put on their car you might want to do the research so you dont look like the fool...

and now that thats done, to answer your questions o.d. is the term for outside diameter. and yes the main cat is the one after the downpipe.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is problably what he was thinking.

http://www.chrysler.com/sebring_coupe/index.html?nav=image

Personally thats what I was thinking when I first read your post.

But hey I'm an idiot. :)

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
red SE-R said:
before you start laughing at what kind of muffler i or anyone else put on their car you might want to consider actually looking into the product. ill make it wasy for you.. ill even post the link for you since your are obviously not familiar with the search feature on most web browsers..here is the links for you..
The bad thing about the Sebring muffler is that it has a louvered core, not good for performance.

Peforated core is much better, in fact can be several hp better.

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
So, 2.25, 2.25, has anybody who went with the 2.5 lose a lot of tq.? I has HS CIA, HS headers, 50 shot NX, and I am trying to find a great exhaust set up? I think I am going custom but I would love to hear what other have done and advise they have on the matter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts