Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the other nite i raced a 2002 se-r and i lost to it but it had a exhaust and i was stock but i got launch all the 3 races so it was alrite i guess. he picked up on the 3rd and just pulled ahead a little but i was rite on his rear seats....those things are pretty quick:p

·
Master of the 5th speed
147 Posts
The 02 SE-R is a torquey mofo. My friend was at the track the other night, and saw a few Spec Vs there. They didnt run too good I heard, 16.3 was probably the best one. Not sure if they were stock or not.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yea you should get him. Tuned a 91 se-r with pacesetter header and exhaust with a cone intake to a 14.79. It's in the launch:D. Oh and it was the guy's first time to drag race.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
I have mixed feelings about it. Granted the '02 has 40 more hp and 43 more ft. lbs. torque it also weighs 276 lbs. heavier. I've heard statements like those made by se-r 57 about the classic and I don't doubt it, and a lot of it is the driver. But then I read about guys with GTI-R swaps with T3's and they're barely running decent 13's and I just don't get it. I'm a calssic fan myself but I'd gladly take an '02 if someone else was footing the bill. (As long as I could still keep a classic in the garage) If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the classic.

·
Registered
34 Posts
dont know bout a STock old Se-R vs. a modded New Se-R and it was a close race??.... i seriously doubt that, they're are a few cars that can get a good launch on the new Se-r cuz of their high torque power, but its NOT a 16.3 car, the driver must of been talkin on his cell phone or something..... the Se-r runs average 15.5..... :cool:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my launches were good cus i got him a good car length away before he started to pick up and also it was a pro auto and there launches arent the quickest so next time ill take him out forsure once i get my headers, intake and exhaust. he'll be seeing my back lights............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts