Nissan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I'm driving down lakeshore in Eastlake, Ohio in my dad's '89 Sentra 4D, Going to the Italian grocery store for some parmesan cheese when some idiot in a late-model mustang pulls up and revs on me. The only mods to this car are some old-school enkei wheels that we punked off a wrecked 87 Sentra. He probably revved on me because of the NOS sticker i put on the car as a joke, or the loud exhaust that comes from a gigantic hole in the pipe. Anyways, we're at the light, he revs on me, and I check out his car...I can tell that this mustang is bone stock with an automatic and ford's 3.8L V6. I put it in neutral, look him in the eyes, and rev it. I throw it into first when the light turns green, and jump way ahead of him off the line. At this point, I'm a good two car-lengths ahead of him, and he's not gaining. I throw it into second as he finallystarts to gain on me, and I'm pulling ahead once again. By the time I'm in fourth, I'm six car-lengths ahead of him and 1/2 mile from where we started. He finally pulls off onto a side street, not to be seen again.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly...if the guy had any driving skill whatsoever, i woulda been a dead man. Usually, most people in the Cleveland area don't. We are not populated by true enthusiasts like you and me. We are stuffed with idiots who either believe what their fathers tell them about the good 'ol days of hot rodding, or see The Fast & The Furious a couple of times and think they can live their lives a 1/4-mile at a time. They usually have automatics, or they drive like they have automatics. One of the reasons I'm selling my car is because of the granny-box.

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
HAHAH, i have pretty much the exact same story! If yu want proof check my photo site its got pics of both cars.

My car sounds like its got high performance exhaust but really its just a rust hole in the muffler. Its a 4 door B12 Sedan.

I went down to Lethbridge for a weekend of partying and stuff at my friends house. His dad bought a new 2002 Ford Mustang (3.8 V6, stick). We did some racing around town and i must say hes got some mad skills when it comes to driving. He never let the car over 3500 RPM (its still in its break in period) and he was always smoking my by 2 car lenghts. The only thing that i trashed him in was the chase. The Sentra can pull corners so tight the he would never even dream of taking them. (turning completely around in the middle of a tight 1.5 lane residential street).

Oh if your willing to work out a deal to get the car to Calgary, ill buy it maybe!

-Nick

·
Registered
672 Posts
this sounds like really weird race, i would have liked to see it! and i wouild also like to get my hands on that parmesan!:D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Are you sure it was a newer mustang?? And are u sure he was racing?? I have driven the old b12's and honestly they are slow as sin, especially the autos.......i dunno bout this one. Did he fall asleep at the wheel??

·
Registered
74 Posts
what kinda idiot...

I wanna know what kinda idiot pulls up on a old Sentra 4D and revs on him in his V6 'Stang. We've got some idiots around here in Seattle like the guy I saw the other day with a 4D Accord, fake dual exhaust, and the same decal on his car as the Supra from the Fast and the Furious. I wanna find that guy when I get my SE-R.

Dang if you're gonna roll up on somebody in a 89 Sentra 4D sedan you better be damn sure you're not even gonna have to break a sweat.

Maybe next time he'll pick someone more formidable like "grandpa" in his Buick Century.

Nice kill though...

·
Garage Sultan
1,173 Posts
hey, easy man, its all in good fun. Ive rolled up on people in my moms minivan and reved up. Trust me, even though lots of people will call that stupid, i have my share of civic, integra, Mazda 323, Mazda Miata, and Honda Accord kills.
My Sentra has signifigantly less kills (2).

Its still just for fun if you lose, you can at least get to see a Mustang in action.

-Nick

1 - 14 of 14 Posts