Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there fellow B13ers! I've been reading a lot of threads about people who don't like to fit their classic Se-R's with a body kit because they all look terrible. Well, I totally agree with all of those kits with the exception of the Stillen kit for the B13. It's a really clean, subtle kit. My order just came in today... and they forgot to include my sideskirts! :mad:

Anyway, if anyone wants to see the kit I just acquired, it's here:

http://www.turbomagazine.com/archives/features/0702_features01.shtml

Anyway, that not being the point, I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get it painted and installed around the bay area (i'm from san jose, ca) for a good deal? Places I've called gave me outrageous prices (for example; one day paint in sacramento quoted almost 300 dollars for just the kit, and no paint warranty due to the pieces not being made of metal... they paint whole cars for 450!! I may as well install the kit myself and have them paint my whole car for crying out loud.. but then I don't want to ruin the beautiful stock veil white :p

:eek:

Well, I'm new here, I just got my veil white Se-R months ago. I really enjoy reading through everyone's threads! Thanks for looking!

·
NOt only a customer...
176 Posts
i used to be from up north.. now living in socal.. but

go to the little mexican bldy shops.. they usually do it cheap.. or paint it and install it your self...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Yeah, I think Stillenz looks pretty cool. I would get it too, but is it a complete bumper replacement? It looks like it just goes over the stock bumper. I don't like to see that stock piece in between the large intakes. I definitely like the side skirts. But can't wait to seem them pics!

PEace
C-mo

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey C-mo

Good to hear someone else likes the kit! Yeah, unfortunately, the kit is placed over the stock front end; possible to save on cost?? The kit was only 450 dollars :)

I LOVE the side skirts, they're really simple, yet look really different ya know? Anyway -- the kit is sitting in my living room right now, trying to find a place to get it painted.

But I will definitely post pics once I get the thing on -- until then, take a look at my sentra in stock form! I believe it's in one of the posts above this one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
NICE!

nice front piece i like it, its simple, but i think aero duo's side skirt can bring out the kit even more and even the rear....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen the AeroDuo kit -- but there are several reasons why I did not opt to obtain it;

1) The side skirts are too wild for the cars simple lines
2) The rear looks like it really doesn't belong
3) It's WAY more expensive than the Stillen kit
4) Stillen offers a lifetime warreanty (sp?) against cracking

This, is of course, IMHO :cool:

Oh yeah, what do you think about the aeroduo front fascia? I think it's a little too much if you don't have a "chiller" in there hehehe

Sr20Power

·
Registered
58 Posts
It says $450, but I think I've read somewhere that the front bumper and maybe the rear are not complete replacements, and they just cover them... Can anyone back this up or refute it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts