Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which SC do you guys think would be the most reliable HP and why?

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
well, they're both going to be reliable.

I'm personally biased to the Vortech because:
1) It's centrifugal, meaning a more linear increase in power than a roots might have
2) The Vortech is intercooled
3) centrifugals generally don't produce as much heat as roots blowers, and therefore, less heat soak directly to the engine (since the Stillen blower is basically right on top of the intake mani)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I called Stillen yesterday, I asked them about problems with heat like overheating and such and they said that they use the same supercharger that Mercedes, Jaguar, and others use and there wasn't a heat problem. I am leaning towards Stillen, mainly because of ther warentee and there reputation with Nissan, but not sure yet.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
They use the same style blower, but you have to remember all those other cars, their engines come factory built for boost......

that means, they have lower compression, probably forged internals as well, to handle the extra stresses and heat created.

I like centrifugal blowers better than roots in general, but I'd never supercharge a 350z. I'd get the JWT twin turbo kit or the Greddy kit over any blower kit any day of the week.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats 2 much HP for a daily driver, if you plan on keeping the car for awhile. Sooner or later if I had that much HP I would be replacing internals and I just want to bolt it on and forget about it. I don't want to worry about tunning it, ot keeping it tuned. I would love to have 500-600 whp, but in reliaity where can you use that kind of HP safely besides at the track? And you can forget about it if it's your daily driver. I wonder if Stillens intercooler would help with the heat problems?

·