Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2& ;subcat=162&Brand=&id=4030&page=1

I want to get this because my NIssan dealer recently told me mine needed to be replaced at a cost of $900 for parts and labor ($720 for the part itself). Well, what would happen, from my understanding, is that i'd be down to just 1 cat if I put this part in. So would I be able to pass emissions with just 1 cat? I live in Jersey, btw. 10-20 hp gains is awesome, especially at the wheels. Have any of you put this in? Whats your experience with it?

· Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
brianw said:
Why does yours need to be replaced? If it's just a flex pipe leak, any muffler shop should be able to weld on a new flexpipe for $50 or so.

It might be 10whp, 20whp is unlikely without adding intake and the rest of the exahust as well...
I dont even know why it needs to be replaced. Something about being low efficiency, even though the lservice engine light hasnt come back on since its been reset. Here's a description of it:

Item Number List Core Price Price
200203Y400 $609.38 $0.00 $457.04
Exhaust system - Front pipe
FRONT PIPE, Maxima, California 2000

· Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NickZac said:
Are you sure? And what parts of your warranty is still active and what has expired? I am pretty sure the powertrain warranty does cover it although I may be wrong.
Car is pre-certified, meaning 7year/100K powertrain + I got a warranty to cover all other components. But the fine print excludes the exhaust system, and wearable parts. However, the light hasnt come back on since its been reset almost a week ago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.