Nissan Forum banner

Stillen Race pipe

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  NoKTournAL 
#1 ·
http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_detail.asp?cat=2& ;subcat=162&Brand=&id=4030&page=1

I want to get this because my NIssan dealer recently told me mine needed to be replaced at a cost of $900 for parts and labor ($720 for the part itself). Well, what would happen, from my understanding, is that i'd be down to just 1 cat if I put this part in. So would I be able to pass emissions with just 1 cat? I live in Jersey, btw. 10-20 hp gains is awesome, especially at the wheels. Have any of you put this in? Whats your experience with it?

Discussion starter · #4 ·
brianw said:
Why does yours need to be replaced? If it's just a flex pipe leak, any muffler shop should be able to weld on a new flexpipe for $50 or so.

It might be 10whp, 20whp is unlikely without adding intake and the rest of the exahust as well...
I dont even know why it needs to be replaced. Something about being low efficiency, even though the lservice engine light hasnt come back on since its been reset. Here's a description of it:

Item Number List Core Price Price
200203Y400 $609.38 $0.00 $457.04
Exhaust system - Front pipe
FRONT PIPE, Maxima, California 2000

Discussion starter · #6 ·
NickZac said:
Like I said, your powertrain warranty should most likely cover this, the dealer might just not be honoring it.
exhaust parts are excluded from powertrain warranties, I think. let me know if not, so i can make some heads roll

Discussion starter · #8 ·
NickZac said:
Are you sure? And what parts of your warranty is still active and what has expired? I am pretty sure the powertrain warranty does cover it although I may be wrong.
Car is pre-certified, meaning 7year/100K powertrain + I got a warranty to cover all other components. But the fine print excludes the exhaust system, and wearable parts. However, the light hasnt come back on since its been reset almost a week ago.

Discussion starter · #12 ·
brianw said:
Indeed... this should be covered under emissions, if that warranty is still in effect.
The federal emissions warranty is still in effect, if thats what you are talking about. The dealer told me its not covered under any of my warranties

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.