Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased Stillen's header and secondary pipe for my 02 Spec V when the product first came out. The product only came with one 02 sensor hole on the bottom of the header. There is no additional hole on the secondary pipe and the directions do not say what to do with the other sensor other than zip tying it out of the way. The car runs great, but me and the Nissan dealer think it's not running to it's full potential because the other sensor's not plugged in. Would it be a good ideal to tap a hole in the header or secondary pipe for the other sensor? What kind of shop could perform this? Or should I just get a different header?

·
Registered
87 Posts
whitespecv said:
I purchased Stillen's header and secondary pipe for my 02 Spec V when the product first came out. The product only came with one 02 sensor hole on the bottom of the header. There is no additional hole on the secondary pipe and the directions do not say what to do with the other sensor other than zip tying it out of the way. The car runs great, but me and the Nissan dealer think it's not running to it's full potential because the other sensor's not plugged in. Would it be a good ideal to tap a hole in the header or secondary pipe for the other sensor? What kind of shop could perform this? Or should I just get a different header?
Is the secondary cat still installed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Stillen header and secondary pipe deleted the factory cats, but I know on some of Stillens other headers the 02 sensor plugs into the secondary pipe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
whitespecv said:
The Stillen header and secondary pipe deleted the factory cats, but I know on some of Stillens other headers the 02 sensor plugs into the secondary pipe.
On my hotshot header I relocated the second 02 sensor behind secondary cat. Not sure where you would put it if you dont have a cat. Dont you get a SES light? Maybe you just tie it off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts