Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after all the work taking it apart again come to find out all the belts are the same. but did notice that the marks on the belt do not line up with the ones on the engine so i line up with the engine marks. still it will not start ,so here is what i know i have check all possible things all cylinders are in time but i did notice a gap in the rocker arm to the valve stem like about a .25 of a inch is this normal? well what i got from the previos owner was the car was running parked the car went to startit couple days later it would not start the car sat for at least a year now when i took it apart i found that the timing belt was old and stripped at the crank gear so know the pistons were moving with out the cams .so how close is the vavles to the pistons is it possibe to bend all the intake valves ? because what i have is zero compression in all cylinders is this a know thing that happens when a belt strips just want to make sure that im not getting into a big project

·
Banned
3,785 Posts
So you did a compression check and you have 0 on all cylinders? Sorry, your sentences kinda all ran together....
Sounds like this car had some pretty deep problems before you got ahold of it. Generally the belt won't strip unless something locks up, one of the cams probably. Exact same thing as happened to my car. You'd have to pull both heads and get the valves redone. That's not cheap, you could probably just get another engine for the same cost. Sounds like that is your best bet at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
♣Zen31ZR♣ said:
So you did a compression check and you have 0 on all cylinders? Sorry, your sentences kinda all ran together....
Sounds like this car had some pretty deep problems before you got ahold of it. Generally the belt won't strip unless something locks up, one of the cams probably. Exact same thing as happened to my car. You'd have to pull both heads and get the valves redone. That's not cheap, you could probably just get another engine for the same cost. Sounds like that is your best bet at this point.
yeh not sure what happened to it. well now i have to get some prices and see what i should do ,if i do it i think i will probaly rebuild the whole thing the car is in really good shape mius a few flaws in the interior

1 - 3 of 3 Posts