Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reviewed my past post about this topic and now I need an update. I currently own the following:

1995 Nissan Sentra GXE with Stock sound.

I have "deadend" the floor, rear deck and trunk with STFU-80 (floor), eDead V3 & Spectrum V1 (Trunk).

I own and have not had or installed a Zapco 360.4amp and Focal 165CV.
My tape deck (Yes I still use tapes) is dying (problems rewinding...reminds me of the 8 track years) anyhow....I need a new deck.

I think I will spring for the Clarion DXZ855MP, however I am not sure about what Comps I should run?

I have heard mixed reviews about Adrie Koda 6.1s and Focals are $$$ and the story could go on and on. So what comps really sound good? I want a SQ system, I listen to a wide range of music I would like the best comps for the job. Right now I need to replace the deck and speakers. the Sub will have to wait.

I am questioning about the rears as well. I have the Focals, but I would like a second set of comps for the rear....don't ask why, just because!! two sets of the same comps for front and rear doors? good idea or bad, or is it just one of those "over the top" deals?

Everybodies knowledge is much appreciated.

Thanks again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Current Equipment: SQ System is desired!!

Deck: Stock - (want to replace with Clarion DXZ855MP)
Comp Amp: Zapco 360.4
Comps: ???

Rear Fill Speakers: Focal 165CV ( Might replace with Comps)

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
the Focals will be fine for rear fill. If your after SQ, you shoudl take out the rear speakers. They ruin your soundstage (you dont go to a concert and stand with your back to the stage do you?)

As for comps, i need a budget to work with. I could recommend good comps from 200 dollars all the way up to 8,000 dollars (i'm sure sr20dem0n can recommend comps more expensive).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Punkrocka436 said:
the Focals will be fine for rear fill. If your after SQ, you shoudl take out the rear speakers. They ruin your soundstage (you dont go to a concert and stand with your back to the stage do you?)

As for comps, i need a budget to work with. I could recommend good comps from 200 dollars all the way up to 8,000 dollars (i'm sure sr20dem0n can recommend comps more expensive).
$200 - $300 dollar range

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
hm....$300 eh?
well that can't get you the kodas, and it can barely get you the focal 165v2 (which blow ass in comparison to the kodas). Your front doors are deadened and you have an amp, so get a good set of speakers in the front and if you absolutely have to have rears (I wouldn't recommend it) just toss the focals in there. Don't waste your time with a second set of rear speakers, no true SQ system in existance even uses rear speakers at all, much less TWO sets of rear speakers. All they'll do is screw up your soundstage and cause cancellation, with little to no added midbass or volume (if you have good speakers in the front). They're a waste of money, time, and effort. Just get a good set of speakers in the front, bridge the amp to them, and if you have to run rears just run them off of the headunit.

So back to $300....any chance you could stretch the budget to around $320 for a set of chameleons? They'll blow away anything in the sub-$300 range, as will the kodas.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am willing to streach to about $400 for Kodas if the SQ will match well with ALL types of music. Who makes the chameleons?

sr20dem0n said:
hm....$300 eh?
well that can't get you the kodas, and it can barely get you the focal 165v2 (which blow ass in comparison to the kodas). Your front doors are deadened and you have an amp, so get a good set of speakers in the front and if you absolutely have to have rears (I wouldn't recommend it) just toss the focals in there. Don't waste your time with a second set of rear speakers, no true SQ system in existance even uses rear speakers at all, much less TWO sets of rear speakers. All they'll do is screw up your soundstage and cause cancellation, with little to no added midbass or volume (if you have good speakers in the front). They're a waste of money, time, and effort. Just get a good set of speakers in the front, bridge the amp to them, and if you have to run rears just run them off of the headunit.

So back to $300....any chance you could stretch the budget to around $320 for a set of chameleons? They'll blow away anything in the sub-$300 range, as will the kodas.

·
^ ownz you all ^
2,524 Posts
Well I can't personally think of anything that they sound bad on, they're like a normal set of high end components but with midbass output that would make some small subs jealous. The chameleons are made by image dynamics and they're basically the same deal, they're another set of very nice components. So are the DLS Iridiums, if you want some more options.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts