Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now it has been cold the last couple of days here in the northwest about the mid 20's and in the morning when I turn on the headlights they will not pop up I have to push the manual up switch on the dash and they go up is this normal in cold weather or is there a problem?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hate to say it but I'm thinkin' it's a problem, because if they are going up with the manual up switch, then the motor's not frozen and the lids aren't frozen down...I would think there's something wrong in the wiring, could be wrong, this is just my opinion

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well once it warmed up a little they would pop right up with the light switch. Weird huh

·
Registered
272 Posts
well they did make them in the early 90's so I would expect their to be a problem...I guess thats what you get for buying an old used car....just gotta deal with it...my headlight motor broke..so I found one on ebay for $18 and just replaced it..now I think my other one is going out...back to ebay...but hey, its fun to work on cars...

·
Registered
66 Posts
My left headlight comes on about 2 seconds before the right when I use the headlight switch, but at the same time if the headlights are already popped up. All I gotta say is if it works, use it. old cars have quirks. random reasons for doing things. If you really want to fix it you can, but if it works one way, why bother? Also, if you are worried about the headlight pop-ups when they still work, congrats! I have talked to a lot of people that are more worried about alot of other things, like getting down the road. But, to help with the problem, when you say it warmed up, do you mean the weather or the car?? I'd check the switches and the relays. best of luck.

truman
peace

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Weather at 1130 when I go home for lunch they pop up fine I figure it was just a relay or something. And yeah it is nice to worry about working parts instead of nonworking parts :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm glad to see that somone else is anal-retentive like myself, and wants everything to work just as manufactured...no glitches...no loopholes, has to work just normal. Don't ignore it, fix it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts