Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i asked this on another board, dont know how many of the same members are here didnt get alot of response.

when i push my clutch to the floor it stays there, i can push it partialy and i can get her to come back fine but i can feel what little le way i have to do this slipping away from me, afraid that here soon ii wont even be able to do this to change gears, ive asked peple around my area and ive been told to try about a million things to may to actually do im trying to narrow it doown some, been told clutch cable, pedal spring, preasure plate ect. plaease help me out guys,

91 sentra 1.6

·
Registered
354 Posts
i had stickiness in my cluch pedal as well and when i replace the clutch cable it went away. there not to expencive and with a little patience it doesn't take to long. it worked for me anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
cranium said:
i had stickiness in my cluch pedal as well and when i replace the clutch cable it went away. there not to expencive and with a little patience it doesn't take to long. it worked for me anyway.
ditto, also check if it's not getting stuck on the carpet

·
Registered
52 Posts
While we're on the subject...

Hey, while we're on the subject, what is the best way to troubleshoot for a bad clutch. I have a lot of "jerkiness" upon acceleration and deceleration while the car is in gear and the clutch is not engaged. Could this be the clutch, bad CV joints, or something else?

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
If it's jerky when the clutch is in gear, that could be worn motor mounts. Jerky when not in gear makes no sense at all, unless you're braking, in which case, your brakes would be at fault. By the way, the clutch cable is $35.78 from Mossy Nissan. That's about $16 cheaper than my local $tealership wanted.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Sharky said:
when i push my clutch to the floor it stays there, i can push it partialy and i can get her to come back fine but i can feel what little le way i have to do this slipping away from me91 sentra 1.6
You may need to adjust your clutch cable. Does your clutch engage low to the ground? Do you have lots of "free play" in the pedal before you feel some resistance? If so you probably just need to adjust the cable.

If the cable seems somewhat hard to push in then you should just replace the cable.

It's not your pressure plate.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a little play at the begining of my push, the clutch will engage the gear soon there after, as far as an adjustment i dont know a whole lot about clutches and sort so wouldnt even know where to start.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts