Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I JUST INSTALLED A CLARION STEREO IN MY 96MAXIMA BECAUSE THE ORIGINAL BOSE WENT BAD. I HAVE ALL THE WIRES INSTALLED CORRECTLY BUT NO SOUND IS COMING FROM THE SPEAKERS. THE RADIO POWERS ON AND EVERYTHING THERES IS JUST NOT ANY SOUND. COULD THERE BE A PROBLEM WIT THE AMP FUSE, IF SO WHERE IS THE AMP LOCATED. THANKU

·
mmmmmm SQ
749 Posts
first of all, lay off the caps lock button

Second of all, with the bose system, you cant just replace the head unit, you need to replace all of the speakers as well. If i remember correctly, the speakers are powered, meaning the amp is built onto the speaker.

You sound like you are new at this, i would recommend finding someone that knows what they are doing, or taking it to a shop to look it over

·
Registered
339 Posts
jjohn999 said:
there was a kit that came with the stereo, its made to work with the bose speakers and wiring
If you are using an adaptor, you'll still need to energize the factory amplifier. Make sure you connect the blue or blue/white coming off the radio (can't remember which it is on the Clarions off the top of my head, but look in the manual to see which one is the remote turn on lead) to the blue wire (labled remote turn on lead) on the harness for your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts