Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get an aftermarket steering wheel. What is everyones opinion? I'd like a momo or a sparco.
Also, any adapting pieces?

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
ah, u beat me to the question, i've found that this stock wheel is pretty big and uncomfortable, and i was also thinking about a MOMO, but wasnt quite so sure on how to go about doing this....

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
the reason why I ask is I got into an accident and the airbags went. So, they quoted me for new airbags ($$$$$) and I think that I'll just save some money and get an aftermarket steering wheel ($) and DET the rest of the money.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I also looked into the Momo steering wheels. I'm pretty sure they do make a steering wheel adapter for 200SX/Sentra. Sparco is also nice and I thought I read somewhere awhile ago that the Momo adapter could be used with the Sparco wheel. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
Well,
In most cases if you replace the wheel on your car with one that doesn't have an airbag (and the car came with one) I'm not sure thats so legal. If you do upgrade the wheel to an airbagless one, get a 4 point harness just to be secure. I don't know why they even have airbags in cars with poor seatbelts, they hurt peolpe and interfere with steering. When was the last time you saw a race car with an airbag. Side and knee airbags are another story. I like those, they make sure your legs don't get broke. Just the ones that punch you in the face seem silly when putting a better seatbelt is cheaper and easier to maintain.

Seth

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
yup, definately this winter, I'm getting a pair of sparco seats complete with harnesses. It's gonna be a pretty fly interior.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Katana200sx said:
s14,b14, nx steering wheel hub is all the same. sparco and momo can use the same hubs also.
to take this a step further, use the Momo hub part number 3507 and you will be fine. I just did this to my 95 today. Paired the hub up with an OBX steering wheel from one of the yahoo stores. the whole setup cost me about $120.00 and 2 hrs of my time to install. not bad at all.:cool:

·
j-lu
1,237 Posts
ebruceii said:
to take this a step further, use the Momo hub part number 3507 and you will be fine. I just did this to my 95 today. Paired the hub up with an OBX steering wheel from one of the yahoo stores. the whole setup cost me about $120.00 and 2 hrs of my time to install. not bad at all.:cool:
how you remove the old one...I'm worry about about the air bag and the air bag light.........and is legal to install and aftermarket wheel?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts