Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used set of 15 inch Motegi Racing wheels with Goodyear Eagle 195/50 tires with plenty of tread left. The wheels and tires are in great shape, but when I installed them the vibrate like crazy. I even moved the ones from the back to the front. Could they just need to be balanced? I don't want to pay to have them balanced and it not solve the problem.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Does your steering wheel vibrate when you reach 60 - 70 mph? Then you need to have them balanced... you're missing the little counterweights on your wheels. Also you want to make sure you installed them right and not facing the other way. This is important when driving in wet conditions. Most tires have an arrow on the sidewall or an arrow and something like "Rotation" written next to it... This means you'll have to rotate all your tires and put em in the right order.

·
Registered
851 Posts
i had a similar problem. i bent a wheel, and had my friend change the tire from one wheel to the new one, and the whole car shook. i had it balanced and the problem was gone :)

·
100NX2000
346 Posts
If they are missing the hubcentric rings they will shake forever. Make sure you have the spacer rings on the hub. 59mm's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts