Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, whats up?, I just bought a Momo Competition Steering wheel and I want to install it myself (heheh cheap bastard), Could anybody give me the right procedure to remove the original steering wheel and to put the new one?? if you have some pics of how to do it I´d really appreciate it....... well thx.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Master_Windu said:
Hey, whats up?, I just bought a Momo Competition Steering wheel and I want to install it myself (heheh cheap bastard), Could anybody give me the right procedure to remove the original steering wheel and to put the new one?? if you have some pics of how to do it I´d really appreciate it....... well thx.
Well, i don't know really how does the Momo wheel fits but to remove the steering wheel you have to remove a big nut that holds it in place and get a wheel puller to remove-it since sometimes it's stuck. Also be careful if you have air-bags.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you have an airbag you will need a tamper-proof Torx bit to remove it. After that there's just a big nut on the steering shaft that you need to remove, and as mentioned above you might need a steering wheel puller to get the wheel off.

After that the reinstall is just the reverse, but make sure that you have the appropriate Momo hub for your car.

Do yourself a favor; get a factory service manual or at least a Haynes/Chilton manual. DO NOT get into this stuff without help, it's too easy to hurt something.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts