Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guy's I swapped out my engine and trany over the weekend and I will be starting it up this afternoon. Does anyone have any sugestions on what should be done to get this thing primed? I was thing I wold just turn it over with no spark and with any luck this will work?? What should I do with the trany? This combo has been up on a shelf for some time now with the oil's drained.??

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
New Oil in both.
if you spin the motor on the starter till the oil light goes out with the ignition off i would think that would be enough. That what i have done with rebuilt engines in the past.
Added complication is the fuel pump, injectors. I would want those off when doing this.
then Turn everything on and fire it up.
The trans should be ok as it doesn't have an oil pump like some have.
Check the distributer cap, rotor for water, dirt etc.
Good luck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I figured it might help to add oil to begin with and for that matter make sure that it is full and ready to run ! Lol! Whats the best way to disable the ignition so that it won't fire? I supose I can just pull the fuel pump fuse? Ian you have to remember I build Pontiac and Cummins Diesel engines for fun this is a tad differant but overall it's like playing with a model Lol! I would normaly pull my distributor and give it a whirl.......

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,244 Posts
I have not done this yet on the little Nissan's only English 4 and 6 bangers and American V8's
I would say either just jump power to the stater solenoid EDIT: leaving ign sw off.
or pull fuse for fuel pump and the LT wire off the distributor.
Dont pull distributor unless something is wrong, that way it will at least be running before you have to mess with timing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts