Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum as I have never owned a nissan and now I have aquired one when I married my wife the car

95 Nissan Sentra 1.6 Auto 100600 miles

here is my problem

car ran great since bought new. parked it in my garage when I bought her a new car for christmas. Went outside 2 weeks later to sell it and it wouldnt start.
It cranks, wants to start but will not.
here is what I have changed or know is working on the car

New cap, rotor, distributor, igniton module,crank sensor, coil, plugs, wires, fuel pump and battery

I have spark and in the correct firing order also
I have air
I have fuel

in theory it should run with these three things but it doesnt

I have tried to hold the gas pedal down and crank it but it still fails to start.

CEL is on but it reads O2 sensor and nothing else

what are my other options?
I am thinking timing but how would the timing go out from one day to the next and not run at all.

please help I want to sell this car I dont feel right sellinga car that doesnt run

· Registered
2018 Nissan Pathfinder SL
4,298 Posts
You changed the distributer ? If so shouldnt you adjust the timing?
Try starting Fluid, it works for me!!
Also charge battery up and pull the fuel pump fuse, sometimes holding the pedal down doesnt clear the flooding, I think its when the injectors get a bit leaky.
Good Luck.....
Oh forgot, do the injectors click when turning over...

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cant hear any clicking from inside the car while trying to start it but I never heard any when it was running either,

When I replaced the distributor I just replaced the internals module,coil,condensor. the housing doesnt go bad

· Registered
4,298 Posts
did you take the distributer off the car ?
I still think you should check the timing and timing order/position.
Get someone to crank the car and listen to the injectors they should click.

· Registered
4,298 Posts
You are right, nothing!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.