Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thanks for opening this, I hope you can help me with my problem.

2002 Nissan Sentra GXE automatic 1.8l

Ok, my car turns over fine all the time battery is good. Sometimes the car starts fine and runs good. But the other times it turns over and if it doesn't start right away like normal it will never start and floods the cylinders with lots of fuel. It has been to 3 shops. Had the cam positions sensor and crankshaft sensor replaced so far. It is getting expensive replacing parts that aren't the problem so I thought I'd try forums. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i also have this problem and i've been told by two people who specialize with nissans that this is a common problem with the fuel pump (fuel pressure regulator) and that nissan has a fix kit available for about $250.
please look into it and let me know. good luck.

·
Registered
844 Posts
yeah i was going to say fuel pump as well. does it make any difference if you let the pump prime up before you start it? from my experience with nissans it's always a good idea to do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i was having the same problem and i found out that it was a common problem in that kind of nissan but the company release a tech bulletin in 2006 about that

this is the bulletin and also there is the number of the parts and the price, i hope that this info helps to you

TSB number NTB05-052a Part numbers 22670-8U70C and 17342-01A00
22670-8U70C - REGULATOR ASSY. - $182.85
17342-01A00 - O-RING SEAL - $6.89

·
Registered
6 Posts
another thing that im not pretty sure is that if nissan release that bulletin its posible that they can replaced the part with out charging any prices,

if somebody knows something let me know

1 - 6 of 6 Posts