Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Ok, I recenly had the alternator go out on my 87 nissan 300zx turbo Automatic Transmission. I Got the new alternator in after having to buy the correct mount for it because the mount for the alternator was not the right one, but anyways. I also replaced the battery with a brand new one. The fuelpump and dashlights all come on and when i go to start the car with the key it does nothing. But i can jump the car by the two terminals on the solenoid andthe car will start right up. Ive been trying to figure tis out for a week now. I have checked all the fuses, they are good. Does this mean my starter is bad or maybe the solenoid? There is no whirring noise from the starter by the way. is there a switch behind the brake pedal that has to be depressed for the car to start and maybe thats not engaging properly or what? Ive been working on my own cars for a long time and never ran across a problem like this. And it isnt the park/neutral inhibitor because i tried adjusting it and to no avail. Because i had problems with that a year back. Can someone please shed some light on this for me, please!!! Im going crazy here. im gonna check the trouble codes on my ecu 2morow and see if the park neutral inhibitor is in fact stuck open. But if anyone has any info on this or may know something please help, thank you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check to see if you have voltage at the end of the "start" wire when you turn the key to "start" position. The wire that connects to the soleniod. It may be a faulty ignition switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts