Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my car has problems starting in the morning. in order to start i need to pump the gas while cranking. and it kinda stumples and catches on. after the first start, it starts fine unless it rest for 4+ hours.

i replace the rotor, distributor cap, wires, plugs, air filter, oxygen senor, coolant senor, raidiator flush and oil change.

so...anyone had this problem?

the temp in the morning is around 75-80f

·
Registered
24 Posts
check/change your fuel filter. it is located by the brake booster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Try this...

I had similar problems with mine, until I read several posts on here about cleaning my IAC valve. Actually, I accidentally stumbled upon them looking for something else, but they were a blessing in disguise, nonetheless. Anyway, up until about a month ago, when I started my car in the mornings (especially in the cold, and when the car had sat for several hours), my tachometer would drop really low and the engine acted like it was going to die... sometimes it did. I had to kick the accelerator under the aforementioned scenario to rectify the problem. To make matters worse, before I replaced my cap, rotor and spark plug wires, the rough idle would even contribute to my engine flooding (I am almost certain). I had my IAC valve and throttle plate cleaned and the car has run considerably better ever since. Do a search for "IAC valve" and you should turn up several valuable resources, especially if you decide to clean it yourself. Personally, I took mine to a professional mechanic, but on the other hand, I know just enough about my engine to be dangerous! ;) Sorry I can't be of further assistance, but this should get you pointed in the right direction. :cheers:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1SentraBeast said:
check/change your fuel filter. it is located by the brake booster.
that was replaced maybe..4k miles ago..ill change it again..maybe it will help thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nbkoontz said:
I had similar problems with mine, until I read several posts on here about cleaning my IAC valve. Actually, I accidentally stumbled upon them looking for something else, but they were a blessing in disguise, nonetheless. Anyway, up until about a month ago, when I started my car in the mornings (especially in the cold, and when the car had sat for several hours), my tachometer would drop really low and the engine acted like it was going to die... sometimes it did. I had to kick the accelerator under the aforementioned scenario to rectify the problem. To make matters worse, before I replaced my cap, rotor and spark plug wires, the rough idle would even contribute to my engine flooding (I am almost certain). I had my IAC valve and throttle plate cleaned and the car has run considerably better ever since. Do a search for "IAC valve" and you should turn up several valuable resources, especially if you decide to clean it yourself. Personally, I took mine to a professional mechanic, but on the other hand, I know just enough about my engine to be dangerous! ;) Sorry I can't be of further assistance, but this should get you pointed in the right direction. :cheers:

yes, i have that thread bookmarked, i just never did it! i should, i did clean the throttle body, just in case if anyone suggests it

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i cleaned the aac and changed the fuel filter, but its still there. im thinking it might have been a fuel system cleaner? can it actually make it worse?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts