Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My system is basically stock. Oh yea and I have a 12" Xplode and 222w sony amp that I got from my girl. I know sony sucks, that's probably why she gave it to me... Anywho, I'm on a budget and was wondering were to start on my system, with SQ being the goal. Headunit first? Some comps? A real sub? Oh and some advice on which brands/models too. Thanks.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my budget is pretty low, so I wanted a good place to start a system and build up from there. Right now it's around $300-500.

·
Registered
65 Posts
step 1: work with what youve got.
you can always/will upgrade later

buy a good head unit first and try to get all the wireing you athink that you are going to need, while you are putting the head unit in run all the wires that way when you upgrade the other parts all you have to do is unplug the old stuff and plug in the new stuff.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i myself was also on a low budget, i just recently picked up the Alpine CDA-9827 for my HU, i like it. i ended up buying it on clearance at circuit city for $199 but normally i think its about $300, if your looking to spend a little less on the HU try looking for it on Ebay, or try to look around for an Alpine HU or ive also heard Eclipse is good as well..but if your not lookin to spend alot of money but still want good quality id hit up ebay

·
Registered
58 Posts
not to butt in but im also starting a system and i wanna know if u think sony xlode head units are good or are they crap cuz i will sell it if i have 2...

·
Registered
722 Posts
for a while i had a sony 222 pushing a idmax and it did surprisingly well but i was in a big ported box and the 'maxes are pretty effecient.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
spend a good amount or find a good deal on HU's i got my alpine 9825 off ebay for $165 or so<i later saw it at cuircit city for the same price :( but shop shop shop.

the worst way to make a system is all at once with a tight budget. use the money you have now on a good HU......save.....speakers.....save.....sub+amp.

if you have great speakers and a crapy amp driving them it will sound like crud. i had a duel amp ("460" watts 350 watt rms, psssssh) and i just got an alpine amp with a 175 watt rms and it can easly out play the duel and with less light diming! this exact amp was suggested to me while i was building my system by a tweeter guy and i blew it off because the duel had more watts, never buy an amp if it has the peak power on the box and the rms in the corner real small. my alpine ONLY had the rms on it.........just seem more trust worthy.

(it can play at 376 watts rms with a 2 ohm load) that will be hella loud.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice guys. That's my approach to it right now 1.6pete, I just wanted to know where the best place to start was. So now time to shop, looking at alpine kenwood and eclipse right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
cwrr226 said:
not to butt in but im also starting a system and i wanna know if u think sony xlode head units are good or are they crap cuz i will sell it if i have 2...
the best advice any of these guys in here can give you...if you can, avoid putting anything with a sony emblem in your car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts