Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been dealing with this problem for about 6 months. I have replaced my started 3 times going on 4. The solenoid on the starter keeps going out. I called Nissan and they have not heard of this problem. Just replaced the starter yesterday, when to the tire shop and when they fired it back up it was dead. Thought it was the battery as I had just replaced the starter so I replaced it right there in their garage. Nothing. Sounds like from another thread that I may have to also replace my ground wire also. The first time I replaced this starter it was a pain. I could not find out where the second bolt was then I had trouble getting it out. Now I can get it out and back in within 40 minutes. My second one went out after 2 months.

·
The Right One Baby!
2,506 Posts
Welcome to NF! First thing to do would be to post what type of car you have. Once we have that information I can direct you to the correct section of the forum.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Are you installing new starters every time or used ones? How are you sure it is the starter?

Can you push start the Car?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New starters every time, well they are rebuilt but I bought it from Kragans. Can't push start, it's not a standard. I had each started tested each time. The solenoid was bad. I have not had the 3rd one test yet as it is still in my car but I am pretty sure it is the same problem. I called another tech and he told me to check the relay. I'm not sure that will fix it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts